AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been away from here awhile (opened a gunshop with a partner).

Picked up a hellpup (scavaging a kit for stock). And traded for some mags.

Sorry no pictures

Anyway,

1) Chinese (Poly China marked Floorplates, chrome followers). Rusty (not covered but speckled all over outside). I know these use to be fairly desirable and a lil expensive, but have no idea what they would be worth...could be cleaned up (blast and blued) or use for range/bfpu mags.

2) Original Barrel bulgarian 74 kit. I think the major parts are matching, but it was acquired with a akbuilder sidefolder setup and polymer railed handguards. VG condition. Im keeping the stock, but may sell or trade the rest (think complete kit minus stock set...have fixed stock rear trunnion for it too)...railed handguards should be considered separate. No idea what that would go for either....all I see are US or virgin barrel not an original barrel kit.

Any help would be appreciated...if u pm me it may be a few days for a response.

Thanks,
nut

·
Registered
199 Posts
When you figure out what you got and how much you want for it ,let me know. I maybe interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
poly mags in good condition w/ chrome followers usually go for around $30, so yours are worth less.

original barreled bulgy kits seem to be around $500 complete (fixed stock). So use that as a starting point and take off a bit for what ever you don't include.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well that sucks. i know rarer mags are popping up muck cheaper these days, but figured the original barrel kit would be worth more than the "new" kits out there.

thanks for the info though.

Edit to add: for non-original barrel kits I'm seeing over $500 sale prices (mainly with s barrels)...are the kits at AoA, atlantic, etc not moving or does an original barrel not mean what it use to for kits? Even when I bought it original barrel added $125-300 depending on the kit.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Bulgy kit sans bbl from Kvar recently was 250ish. With bbl they seem to draw 450-700 depending on configuration and condition. The AKS74s seem to bring the most.

Only the Poly mags, if the finish is going and needs to be redone then they aren't collector mags anymore. That said, I don't know where someone could find new ones for $30.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I just saw an original barreled fixed stock kit go for $575 today, so there may be a little more room there.

as for the poly mag, Ive got a handful of them (new to very nice) and never paid much over $30, maybe $35 for a couple of them. I bought those with in the last couple of years, but today they might be worth a little more in new condition.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know on the kit. For the mags I really need to get pictures...looked em over again and one side is good then the other looks like something sprayed across em...ruat spots are all very smallspeckles but possibly could be cleaned off (leaving a spotted finish)...I've had and cleaned up much worse stuff andthey aren't top quality collector mags but they would make great shooters or bfpu project mags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts