AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More than 4 years ago I picked up over 1k rounds of surplus 8mm from Century. It's mainly headstamped 50 and 1947, but there are a few with both 52 & 36 on the bottom.

I've shot some of it, and loaded a bit onto strippers. I still have 930 rounds in 15 round cardboard boxes, and I'd like to get sell it. I would estimate that 5-10% of the ammo will either hang fire, require a 2nd primer hit, or not fire at all. My reason for selling it is that now that I'm in AZ vs CA, my semi auto's come out to play much more than my bolt actions, and I realistically can't see shooting this ammo anytime soon. I'd rather have x39 or 223 or the money.

Best price on 8mm I see on gunbot is .53 cents a round @ PSA for Romanian surplus.

Due to condition, assuming I only charge .40 cents a round, and knocking 100 rounds off due to expected malfunctions, I come up with $373.50 for all of it. Is a price in that range fair for this ammo?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boxes are completely blank.

Headstamps are a mix, here is a decent picture of the most common ones I see:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are 3 ones here, from left to right:

8 - 47 - Z - 6 pointed star

1 - 50 - X - 6 pointed star

12 - 50 - key/something - 6 pointed star

Per this:
Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association

Left one, with the Z, is probably Czech

Middle, the X probably also indicates Czech

12 is factory code for O.J.F. (Osterreichische Jegdpatronenfabrik) Kremsach, so that may be Austrian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts