AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold a Ak74 to a guy and shipped it to the FFL he provided. Now hes emailing me saying that the FFL wont transfer it to him unless I fill out a form and mail it to him. He just emailed me a copy of the form and here is what he is asking for.
first name: Last Name: Middle:

address:

phone number:

sex: Race: hieght: wieght:

hair color: eye color: DOB:

Diver licence # or identifcation #:

I feel bad that the FFL is being a prick but theres no way Im filling out his little form. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
thedukeryan said:
I recently sold a Ak74 to a guy and shipped it to the FFL he provided. Now hes emailing me saying that the FFL wont transfer it to him unless I fill out a form and mail it to him. He just emailed me a copy of the form and here is what he is asking for.
first name: Last Name: Middle:

address:

phone number:

sex: Race: hieght: wieght:

hair color: eye color: DOB:

Diver licence # or identifcation #:

I feel bad that the FFL is being a prick but theres no way Im filling out his little form. What would you guys do?
I would only provide Name, Address, & Phone. (Which I do on all of my transfers).

Guess he should of required that upfront. :wink:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Some places have to fill out a 'pawn slip' on used gun sales. The cops require that info on said pawn slip.

Either that, or he's a paranoid type.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
TravisAasen said:
I would only provide Name, Address, & Phone.
+1 ...
I wouldn't give my DL# or any other info to anyone ... :wink:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
It's also one way they can cover their ass if the firearm they transfer turns out to be stolen or illegal. Basically they are asking you for the same info they'd have if you walked into their shop and sold or traded a gun in to them.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
It really doesn't have to be done but the ffl logs it into their book to transfer it and needs some info on where it came from. As far as I know they don't need your DL but like to have it. My buddy just transfered an NDM for me today :grin: and said all he wanted was name address and (DL if I could). On another note Duke I need compliance parts for 9 ak's and 2 fals, see what you can do for me and shoot me a PM. Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
621 Posts
last gubn I had transferred, the guy said you dont even have to transfer rifles via ffl, only pistols. He said you could ship up a rifle and send it anywhere I want. He also said that to accept it into his enventory, it had to be shipped by a ffl to him so he could log that ffl# along with the rest of the info...Then he could transfer it to me. I basically went in a picked up the rifle, and gave him a "dub"($20) for his time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
762BODYDROPPER said:
last gubn I had transferred, the guy said you dont even have to transfer rifles via ffl, only pistols. He said you could ship up a rifle and send it anywhere I want.
I think that only applies to instate sales. I dont mind giving him my name, address & phone number but I dont like giving the rest out.

Im gonna mail him my basic info which he should already have & hopefully he will be happy with that

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
I think duke is like me. Its not that we have anything to hide. We just don't like giving out DL's and SS #'s if not needed. Thats just one more person that can fuck your shit up or if it gets stolen then the whole world can have it.

G

·
In private sales where I have sold rifles to guys here in AZ each one has pulled out his drivers license and CCW card to show me even though I haven't asked. It isn't required.

Some companies that sell ammo online require a copy of your DL before they will ship you ammo.

If you cash a check or use a credit card in a store out here they will often ask to see you DL.

Don't sweat the little stuff. Fill the form out, if someone wants to steal your identity there are easier ways to do it. Otherwise, just have them send the firearm back and send the money back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts