AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from AT and I decide to take a look at my bank and holy shit there is this odd deposit made that looks like this on my statement.

Amount: $
Fed Paymnt ID: xxxxxxxxxx
Company: 3801000000000000

So who are these guys, and why are they giving me what the gave me?

Usually any money from Uncle Sugar is easily understandable where it came From like my civi pay is Fed salary,. Drill pay is DFAS,.. Tax and anything else from USG is Treasury...

I am at a loss to who belongs to that pile of numbers.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
I don't know what your rank is, so maybe your unit prefers that you go through your chain of command, but the Readiness guy will know what it is.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I advise my troops to always let finance know, in EMAIL to CYA that you may have been overpaid.

It is not uncommon for investigators to attack somebody and drag them to court martial (or at least try) over an overpayment or mispayment that = theft in their eyes.

I have seen more than one military person lose their prestige and be burned by the gov over this.

This is why I rarely even submit a travel voucher or use my gov travel card. FEAR of them messing up and me going to the man over a few dollars.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hate useing my gov travel card,.. hate it, hate it, hate it.

but my boss says i MUST,. thats its own pain in the d**k.

i will have to confirm it on monday but it is looking like it is stop loss pay,. i called a few guys in my unit that i know that got nailed for stop loss before the Sep 08 cut off date we all have diffrent amounts from the same "company" as we where all stop lossed for diffrent lengths of time. like me as soon as they got home they checked there banks,. then there LES's on line,. my one sgt was actually calling me as i was calling him.

going to call the stop loss folks on monday to make sure that is what it is. just kinda supprised there was no "heads up" about the $$ comming in,. even when we get a bonus at work there is a paper of some type to show for it.

if thats not it then i am going to be standing on someones desk at finance as soon as i get off the phone.

but how screwed up is it that we are scared shitless when we get unexpected money?

·
Registered
196 Posts
cruzie27 said:
(Snipped)

but how screwed up is it that we are scared shitless when we get unexpected money?
Welcome to the joys of bureaucracy. And nothing gets screwed up like the federal financial bureaucracy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts