AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New nitride or chrome-lined preferred for milled M70 milled build. Will consider an excellent surplus barrel as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
AK Builder has non chrome lined in stock, I just bought two. Seems to be all that is available new . They will outlast me!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thx for the reply. Looks like the have only rough surplus in stock.
when using a original barrel you have a advantage of pressing on all componets holes already drilled..if i were doing it i would order 2 barrels,use the better one of the 2 and sell the other one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have a couple Surplus barrels, hand select, from Lee’s mags. They both I passed the bullet test, but they also show erosion between the muzzle and the gas port. Just thinking that if I’m going through the trouble of building maybe I should get a new US barrel to meet 922R. But your post is making me lean towards Using one of these original barrels for the ease of build, and originality. Still, would like to acquire a new barrel for a second build.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have learned through the years when doing a home build i try to keep them as original as possible.the reason is these riffles that we build are really bringing back a piece of history.most likely they will be test fired and shot once in awhile.they are not your go to rifle in case of TEOFTWAWKI.just mostly a conversation piece and the pride of bringing them back to life.AKS are a M.O.M rifle,=Minute Of Man.i built a yugo RPK with a barrel which ate a bullet to the case,but still hit a man target with ease as 100 yards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have learned through the years when doing a home build i try to keep them as original as possible.the reason is these riffles that we build are really bringing back a piece of history.most likely they will be test fired and shot once in awhile.they are not your go to rifle in case of TEOFTWAWKI.just mostly a conversation piece and the pride of bringing them back to life.AKS are a M.O.M rifle,=Minute Of Man.i built a yugo RPK with a barrel which ate a bullet to the case,but still hit a man target with ease as 100 yards.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a complete front end barrel assembly. When I got it, I was told was an original barrel. Bullet check done and looks good to go. Front sight spring gone for night sight, and the gas cut off nut seems to be stripped. If interested, let me know and I'll see if I'm able to locate it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a complete front end barrel assembly. When I got it, I was told was an original barrel. Bullet check done and looks good to go. Front sight spring gone for night sight, and the gas cut off nut seems to be stripped. If interested, let me know and I'll see if I'm able to locate it.
Thanks but no thanks, Saiga. I have two complete parts kits so I'd prefer to keep the sight posts and gas blocks matching.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Absolutely understand. I'd have to see where I even put it. Good luck, it's gonna be an awesome gun when you get er done! Id like to see some pics after you get it finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts