AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a demilled or live with NFA paperwork russian or bulgarian GP25/30. no airsoft please. I have plenty rare items to trade or will pay cash I would like the case and inert round but just the launcher would work. had one years back and sold it for unknown reason. and leads would help and I would be happy to trade or pay cash. please help me out here call/text 920-460-4882 or email [email protected]
thanks

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Rusmilitary in the UK sold the deactivated version (GP30) about 10 years ago. Some where sent overhere but since someone contacted the ATF to see if they could be imported the ATF said no and declared them to be DD.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Rusmilitary and Trapper industries both sold them to the states. I stated what you guys are saying in his original post in inert ordnance thread and he posted two more times after that. I also stated that anyone that has one currently is probably in possesion of contraband due to the way they were improperly deactivated ,per ATF's eyes anyway. I also believe because of that anyone that has one would be well to keep it to themselves. I had one on back order when ATF came out with that crap and was livid about it!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I know of someone in UT that has one. They were working on reverse engineering it to make transferable DDs.
There just wasn't the market, so the project was dropped.

·
Banned
345 Posts
Wasn't there a later (recalled) version, that was properly demilled?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hypothetically, if someone owned one of these improperly demilled GP's, would there be an avenue you could take to properly demill it to the point where it would be legal in the ATF's eyes, and you could own it without fear of black vans?

·
Banned
345 Posts
Yea, torch cut it into a million pieces! or you could always :flush:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Hypothetically, if someone owned one of these improperly demilled GP's, would there be an avenue you could take to properly demill it to the point where it would be legal in the ATF's eyes, and you could own it without fear of black vans?
Not knowing exactly how the imports were demilled in the UK (assuming barrel drilled?), my plan would be the following:
Immediately separate the barrel from the receiver. The receiver now becomes a Title 1 weapon (similar to an M79).
Give the barrel to a machine shop that can manufacture a duplicate. They don't release the new barrel to you until presented with an approved Form 1.
Once Form 1 approved, retrieve barrel and reassemble.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
No there were no other versions. Once ATF made their decision that was the end of export to USA customers. If any one owned one, best just to say nothing, end of story. I do not think there would be anything you could do to meet deac requirements especially since it was imported already incorrectly deactivated that would satisfy ATF. Any inquiry would just open a can of worms, you know the SOP on this type of thing. Problem is it was declared un importable so it wouldn't matter what you did to it. ATF website has the review online about everything on it if you look. Pics and explanations of the whole review.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have wondered before what the appropriate action would be to satisfy the ATF if you suddenly came into ownership of illegal NFA. Like if you found a dead relative's unregistered full auto. But I have always been too scared to ask the ATF directly because the question could make me seem guilty.

·
Banned
345 Posts
Not knowing exactly how the imports were demilled in the UK (assuming barrel drilled?), my plan would be the following:
Immediately separate the barrel from the receiver. The receiver now becomes a Title 1 weapon (similar to an M79).
Give the barrel to a machine shop that can manufacture a duplicate. They don't release the new barrel to you until presented with an approved Form 1.
Once Form 1 approved, retrieve barrel and reassemble.
+1 that would be a great idea! :beer:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I have wondered before what the appropriate action would be to satisfy the ATF if you suddenly came into ownership of illegal NFA. Like if you found a dead relative's unregistered full auto. But I have always been too scared to ask the ATF directly because the question could make me seem guilty.
Several ways to deal with this:
- First make absolutely, positively sure that the weapon is not registered. This can be amnesty paperwork, Form 4, whatever. There are cases of these weapons even being allowed to be placed on the NFA registry with an original military commander's letter to bring it back to the US. If no luck there, have the attorney for the estate make an inquiry with BATF.
- Next, if unregistered, decide what you want to do with it. You have options:
If rare, you can donate to a qualified military museum. (They don't need anymore Thompsons, etc.). They will receive it on a Form 10. They get a legal weapon and you get a nice tax write-off.
You can strip the weapon of all it's parts, except receiver. I have done this with Japanese MGs. Like a car, part it out. You can destroy the receiver yourself. But, if other people know you had the weapon, it is better to take the stripped receiver to BATF. Make an appointment and get a receipt when you hand it over.
Finally, you can coat it in a good metal preservative and store it away in hopes that the USG will allow the remaining portion of the allotted amnesty period to take place. This last choice is entirely on you. If caught, there are consequences.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
I had one back in the day. They are no where near ATF compliant. Here is the ATF letter-

https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2004/10/101504-openletter-tech-improperly-destroyed-gp-30.html

Now, the Bulgarians used to (Not sure if they still do) sell the GP25 to European civilian markets in some capacity. I saw one in a Swiss gunshop, converted to 12 ga. This was a good 10-15 years ago.... A place in England was also selling them at the same time for Military use. In theory, one could import one to the US from Bulgaria, if demilled properly, OR in some sort of weird 26mm flare gun configuration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts