AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Maadi AKM gastube & trigger gaurd /w selector stop......if you have laminate HGs, I may consider those too.
Some mouth-breather mangled my gastube loop for the upper HG and was testing the tensile strength of the TG assembly:rolleyes:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the parts be repaired. Pics?
The selector stop plate can be straitened. The trigger guard may need the lever replaces (its slightly canted and seems to rub the inside of the guard, its slightly stiff to operate) and the gas tube rear will need some real work to get straitened so it won't damage the wood when installed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Technical Advisor
15,530 Posts
I bit of vise work to straighten the sides of the trigger guard or strategic small hammer blows.

The selector stop place can be hammered flat on an vice anvil or rigid metal surface and filed to clean up the sloppy demil marks.

The gas tube is a bit tougher but some needlenose plier or channel lock work on he ferrule and file clean up on he sides etc.

I have worked on worse. Some cold blue or paint after he work and should be good to go. Some time spent but no real cost. Meybe purchase a small file set if t=yu do not have one., Harbor Freight etc.
Just my .02.

·
Registered
902 Posts
+1 on the AKBlue DIY deal. You will feel better about it, and your rifle will love you for it. It might even shoot better!
(They almost always do when the owner gets done working on them.) ;)

Reactions: ezveedub
1 - 5 of 5 Posts