AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a ORF M76 kit with a receiver waiting for years to be built up. Finally got it started and now we can see that the lugs are not to spec and will not allow the bolt to lock up. Way off. I think I need a M76 Front receiver chunk and have the incorrect one cut off and the new one welded on.

Anyone have one? Please let me know and your price.

Thanks

myak47

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Not to hijack your WTB thread., but have you checked the right side clearance on the top of the receiver at the front area where the receiver takes the 90 degree vertical change.. This area was short cut on some and traps the carrier and jams the camming of the bolt. The lower corner area needs relief with a round file or Dremel or mill etc.,

Also on the left at the transition of the upper and lower rail inside the receiver just behind the bullet guide there were some with insufficient milling cuts and the bolt is obstructed.

Finally the ramp on the bullet guide was too far to the rear on some and required removal of material to allow the camming to start. I have built and fiddled and fixed a number of ORF M76 kits and customer returns. These are my experiences.
Sorry for the intrusion.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to hijack your WTB thread., but have you checked the right side clearance on the top of the receiver at the front area where the receiver takes the 90 degree vertical change.. This area was short cut on some and traps the carrier and jams the camming of the bolt. The lower corner area needs relief with a round file or Dremel or mill etc.,

Also on the left at the transition of the upper and lower rail inside the receiver just behind the bullet guide there were some with insufficient milling cuts and the bolt is obstructed.

Finally the ramp on the bullet guide was too far to the rear on some and required removal of material to allow the camming to start. I have built and fiddled and fixed a number of ORF M76 kits and customer returns. These are my experiences.
Sorry for the intrusion.
I think you are correctly describing the issue. Can you fix it for me? I'll pm you.

Thanks

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Sorry., I am not a licensed FFL nor smith. Just an avid AK home builder with some M76 experience..
Assault Weapons of Ohio (Mark Hatfield), Gehwer Werkes (Tim Foreman) or Two Rivers Arms (Steve Russell) might be able to get it built for you.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's my Christmas wish that someone will take pity on me and sell me one........

Christmas Eve Bump

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not to be obtuse about it, but I do- and I don't. What I mean is that I DO have an original M76 front stub that came with my kit when I built it a while back. However, the ORF receiver that came with the kit was done with a matching serial number and has been built and since traded off to someone else, so you can see my dilemma here. I cannot in good conscious sell you a stub with the same serial number to build on as another one that is floating around out there. That could later, on a slim chance, cause problems for both you and the person who has the current M76 with that same s/n, if one of them were to ever be stolen, etc.. The ONLY way I can think of to be able to sell the stub to you would be if I were to scrub the current s/n off of it (which in this case would be legal as it is NOT a receiver; it is merely a scrap stub with a number on it). However, that may not be what you are wanting in one. If you do decide you can live with that, I will sell you the stub for $40 plus shipping once it's s/n has been scrubbed. That way, you can build it with whatever number your current one has and it will not be a problem of two M76 rifles floating around with the same s/n. Let me know either way.

Or, if you want to trade rather than spend cash, I would also take a plum Izhmach AK-74 mag as an even trade for the stub?

**ETA: Money order received and stub shipped via USPS Priority Mail on 1/16/14; thanks**

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to Pvt. Joker, I have one on the way. And thanks to all that looked at this and gave me suggestions.....[

QUOTE=Pvt.Joker;1544863]Not to be obtuse about it, but I do- and I don't. What I mean is that I DO have an original M76 front stub that came with my kit when I built it a while back. However, the ORF receiver that came with the kit was done with a matching serial number and has been built and since traded off to someone else, so you can see my dilemma here. I cannot in good conscious sell you a stub with the same serial number to build on as another one that is floating around out there. That could later, on a slim chance, cause problems for both you and the person who has the current M76 with that same s/n, if one of them were to ever be stolen, etc.. The ONLY way I can think of to be able to sell the stub to you would be if I were to scrub the current s/n off of it (which in this case would be legal as it is NOT a receiver; it is merely a scrap stub with a number on it). However, that may not be what you are wanting in one. If you do decide you can live with that, I will sell you the stub for $40 plus shipping once it's s/n has been scrubbed. That way, you can build it with whatever number your current one has and it will not be a problem of two M76 rifles floating around with the same s/n. Let me know either way.

Or, if you want to trade rather than spend cash, I would also take a plum Izhmach AK-74 mag as an even trade for the stub?[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts