AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the tittle states, I am looking for a stamped AK 47 receiver to purchase. The thing is that I would like to purchase this face to face from someone in VA. FFL transfer is ok but I'm one of those crazy people that doesn't want my name run through a government database everytime I want to buy a folded piece of metal. If you have one that you would like to sell please message me. This will be for my first build so some dings and scratches will be fine as long as it functions perfectly.
Thanks for looking.
Steve

·
Registered
358 Posts
You honestly think they don't already know?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't think they know, not every time anyway. There are to many of us and to few of them. You realize that in order to know they would have to capture all network traffic from every ISP, filter for each MAC address individually, physically run analytics on everything, correlate each conversation individually, and have a database large enough to store it all. Maybe it's theoretically possible but I've worked with Government Incident Response, forensics and network security tools and people enough to know that it isn't realistic. There is just way to much data. Maybe if you're purchasing ATF controlled items with paypal or a cc then they could zero in on you but not for face to face cash sales.

·
Registered
358 Posts
So you've never bought a firearm through any type of FFL? If you have then trust me, they know. I mean who cares? Whats the difference in the Governments eyes of buying one AK, a pistol, and a shotgun in one calender year, versus buying ten?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Join date this month.....first post also....
I wonder....
Thats what I was thinking too, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt :confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right they certainly know who owns guns in general I just don't like the specifics to be known. I am new to this site and I apologize for my ignorance if I'm going about anything the wrong way. I'm not really sure who you guys think I am but I'm new to this site because I just recently got my first AK and I'm planning to start building them. It seems like a fun new hobby. I have been a member of some other, more local, "gun forums" for a while.
By the way nice Aliens reference in your signature.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Steve, posting something like that sure brings suspicion upon yourself. haha I would guess it's highly unlikely that anyone would agree to meet you now. Just my opinion

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Best shot , would be a ''fun show''.......just sayen....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts