AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a stuck case in my krink so I'm sad. : (
Tried cleaning rods ect and numerous google searches have failed.

Would also rent one, have lot's of feedback on ar15.com ect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dino,
If your really stuck so to speak I have one in my
collection I can sell you, $18 plus whatever the shipping.
I'm in the UK but it could be with you in a week.
Regards,
Andy.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I had a bulgy 74 crack a right side locking lug after 20 or so spams and it broke a shell off in there so after looking I never did find the rare 545 bse instock but was told kvar had em maybe. in the end I used a borrowed tool my buddy brought over that looked like a 4 flute easy out kinda like a sharp edged tapered staking punch. it was a certain size 5 or 9 or something. that thing with 2 light taps in and a needle nose vise clamps broke it loose side to side a couple turns and out it came. problem solved. just in case the 545 bse tools don't flood in I hope someone finds this useful.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
the problem will likely reoccur if the gun is Bulgarian or out of spec repro barrel chamber. probably not the ammo but the headspace is either too deep check with headspace gages or no firing pin and 1 thou. of an inch thick masking tape sections 1 at a time overlapping tightly on case head. the Bulgarian bolts are angle cut on right side of bolt more often than not and lug they fit into isn't so ive got lots of bulgy 74 guns that worry me the more I shoot em after the one I caught with a puff of smoke and report ready to take my head off whatever eye next shot. its a problem ive been watching a while and heard nothing about. check to see if deap ruts on right side smaller lug are present or if cracked yet. none of the other 74s do that but Bulgarian. instant cracked shell in chamber but that's if your lucky. mine popped! what kind of ammo and barrel and bolt /trunnion was it? factory headspace?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts