AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking everywhere for one getting nowhere. Didn't realize these were so rare. Have cash in hand.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
cgp said:
They're not rare. Just not produced anymore under Arsenal.
I believe FIME is Arsenal or part of Arsenal. Probably some way to escape taxes or worse ....the last part is just malicious speculation..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Omega7.62 said:
cgp said:
They're not rare. Just not produced anymore under Arsenal.
I believe FIME is Arsenal or part of Arsenal. Probably some way to escape taxes or worse ....the last part is just malicious speculation..
I was referring to the Arsenal Brand on SGL series rifles. Whether or not Arsenal and FIME the company is one and the same, I don't know. Based on your response, I doubt you're sure either.

·
Registered
942 Posts
When I thought about buying my first AK since the late 1980s (about a year ago), I researched on The Net, and decided an Arsenal 922r SGL 21-62 was one I wanted. During that time I recall reading on some forum Arsenal LVNV would no longer be stocking or doing the SAIGA 922r conversions, but their new subsidiary FIME Group would now be performing the work. I think the reason was Arsenal Bulgaria didn't want them working with their competitor Izmash for the same market. By establishing a separate satellite company, Arsenal could dedicate itself to the full attention of the Bulgarians.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
pwcosol said:
When I thought about buying my first AK since the late 1980s (about a year ago), I researched on The Net, and decided an Arsenal 922r SGL 21-62 was one I wanted. During that time I recall reading on some forum Arsenal LVNV would no longer be stocking or doing the SAIGA 922r conversions, but their new subsidiary FIME Group would now be performing the work. I think the reason was Arsenal Bulgaria didn't want them working with their competitor Izmash for the same market. By establishing a separate satellite company, Arsenal could dedicate itself to the full attention of the Bulgarians.
That sounds very likely and makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts