AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It has been parkerized, worthless to a collector. What a shame of a nice
56S 2. Has a Romy bayo, I would run from this guy.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure the bayo is Romy? The guy says it is matching numbered to the rifle. Of course he can lie easily, but weren't most of these guns shipped with matching bayos?

As far as the finish, I thought that was just the flash of the camera... the lighting is shitty.

If it really is parked though... then that guy is a dickhead and should be jailed. Those guns are so freakin rare...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Chinese didn't make a scabboard bayo's. If you are pursueing this try to get him down as much as you can. Yes is parked, I wish he would left scratched, rusted, or what ever shape it was in.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too poor to pursue this, I just have a Polytech, and want to learn more about Chinese AKs- also so if I see a deal at a show I will know what I am dealing with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That rifle has been defouled beyond recognition. Romy bayo, park refinish, makes it not worth it. Just a nice gun with a folder now. :neutral:

·
Registered
488 Posts
THS said:
That rifle has been defouled beyond recognition. Romy bayo, park refinish, makes it not worth it. Just a nice gun with a folder now. :neutral:
Yeah...the bayo was a "give-a-way" to me.

Since it is the wrong type & style, I wonder what is "matching" about it. There is alot of BOGUS associated with this gun.

Lollygagger :neutral:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks guys, pisses me off that such a nice gun has been ruined but at least nobody will get jipped.

·
Registered
714 Posts
that is definitely not bad camera lighting. That is just wrong. 1 minor correction. The Chinese did have bayo's with scabbords. I have a black 1 with my Chinese underfolder. I am no expert on Chinese AK's by any means but the bayo's do exist. Alot of the Clayco's came with them also.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My AK47S came with a scabbarded bayonet... it even had the cutout in the styrofoam box shaped like a bayonet... numbers match..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Broncodarts said:
that is definitely not bad camera lighting. That is just wrong. 1 minor correction. The Chinese did have bayo's with scabbords. I have a black 1 with my Chinese underfolder. I am no expert on Chinese AK's by any means but the bayo's do exist. Alot of the Clayco's came with them also.
Sure they had bayonets & scabbards...

They just were not WIRE CUTTER pattern bayonets & scabbards!

Lolygagger :grin:

P.S -Most chinese bayonets were like this AKM intended version in "red" or black:

Note the difference in the blade from the one shown with the advertised gun -no "slot" to fit a wire cutter scabbard, and, different shape of the pommel.

Lollygagger :smile:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I stand corrected. I thought they were made for military use only & not for commercial market. They made two types I don't think they were stamped with serial # or factories. I only seen them in Kalashnikov Books.
If you have a pic. I sure would like to see it. They only discribe them in the books. I have the other two for commercial use the one that came with the legend & the black & red types.

I thought scabboard was the one with the hole & serrated side for wire cutting. See you learn something new everyday.

I got this one with a 84S-1 so lead me to think that way. This is not chinese I think it's romy or hungarian.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
sasm7 said:
I stand corrected. I thought they were made for military use only & not for commercial market. They made two types I don't think they were stamped with serial # or factories. I only seen them in Kalashnikov Books.
If you have a pic. I sure would like to see it. They only discribe them in the books. I have the other two for commercial use the one that came with the legend & the black & red types.

I thought scabboard was the one with the hole & serrated side for wire cutting. See you learn something new everyday.

I got this one with a 84S-1 so lead me to think that way. This is not chinese I think it's romy or hungarian.
It is Hungarian

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
90%+ of the parked Chinese rifles I have seen is due to previous rust issues and lack of proper storage. That rifle is worth maybe $500 IMHO.

Hootbro

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sasm7 said:
I got just the ak for it. Thanks
:lol: Yes because you got a rare $60 bayonet you will get a $700 rifle to go with it... if that works for you then man I need to start buying up bayonets...

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks pretty good... I love blonde wood. I stand corrected, good luck with the build. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It's wouldn't be a bad ideal to collect bayo's after all it really a good idea.
My father collected them along with uniforms, hats, medals & guns. He mostly was a gun collector. But he did have a really nice bayo collection also. When I go to guns shows there is a few of them around selling them. They have a nice market because they are dealing with collectors.
Every collector I know has to have it for their collection which makes for good pricing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts