AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
The breaking and reasssembling of beams is done with magnets. Hangin' the shirt on the beam was cool, no idea of how he did it. Great lil show he's got there.

t

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
The bending of the light is done with a small mirror concealed in his hand. As for the shirt trick, The line holding the shirt is already in place in the beginning of the show. Then breaking the light is also the distraction when he uses his other hand to release the line holding the shirt.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trueno said:
The breaking and reasssembling of beams is done with magnets.
Please explain. It didn't look like he had anything in his hands. "Bending" the beams would be easy if he had mirrors in his hands, but that didn't look to be the case. The only possible way I could think of is if he had laser pointers in each hand, but even that wouldn't look the way it did. Too precise.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
dtemplar said:
"Bending" the beams would be easy if he had mirrors in his hands, but that didn't look to be the case.
of course it didn't look look to be the case, magic is slight of hand.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
magic

Caligula said:
dtemplar said:
"Bending" the beams would be easy if he had mirrors in his hands, but that didn't look to be the case.
of course it didn't look look to be the case, magic is slight of hand.
Caligula is right slight of hand

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caligula said:
The bending of the light is done with a small mirror concealed in his hand. As for the shirt trick, The line holding the shirt is already in place in the beginning of the show. Then breaking the light is also the distraction when he uses his other hand to release the line holding the shirt.
Yeah, I see the shirt thing now. I was wondering how he broke the beam on the other side of the shirt first, but the string was behind the beam a small amount and it wouldn't be noticed looking at it straight on. Notice how carefully he hung the shirt so it wouldn't bounce, but you can still see it very slightly, especially when they zoom in. Since you mentioned releasing the string, you can clearly see he reaches for something with his left hand that looks like a switch in the upper corner of the right panel. He even directly looks at it so he doesn't "miss".

Just before he does the "points of light" thing right after the shirt, you can see him grab something from right behind the "switch" area. Dumps it behind his back after that part, too. Also saw hands in/out of pockets that I didn't notice before.

As for the hoop "riding the beam" at the beginning, all he does is move in towards it when he drops it giving the illusion it's falling down the beam. It appears to move down the beam because he flicked it towards him a little when he dropped the hoop. You can see this if you put the cursor belown the hoop in the area where he catches it and see the relative motion. Very well done.

I can see bending the beams with small mirrors, but how did he go all Darth Maul with the entire beam and then transform it into the ring at the end? Yeah, I know, slight of hand, but this guy is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts