AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember an awesome duet where one of the members of the band, The Who, did a song with some exotic (Indian?) singer. I think it was Pete Townsend, but I'm not sure. Anyone remember that and, if so, what was the name of the song? It was quite mystifying and I'd like to find the video. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Think back, we need details. Was it live or a studio thing? Did you just hear it or see it on tv/ in person. +1 on the how long ago. Are you 100% it was The Who, I know Zeppelin did a bunch of stuff with a group of Moroccan musicians for their unplugged/no quarter special. Clapton and George Harrison among others also went through their sitar phases.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure it was one of The Who members. Might have been Roger Daltrey, but I think it was Pete Townsend. It was a "live", on-stage duet performance and the singer was definitely eastern. I just assumed Eastern Indian, but she could have been Moroccan and she definitely had a Hindu influence. I didn't see it "live" as it was recorded, probably some time in the 70's. I don't remember her actually singing lyrics as she just did the "yodeling" or whatever that eastern type stuff is. It did add a lot to the song and gave it a mystic flair.

·
Registered
868 Posts
who?

I tried to Google and Youtube search for this info, but got sidetracked on youtube. Listened to Jethro Tull til I had to go to bed.

Sorry. I'll try again later. But the closest I could come was
"Don't Look Back" with Masaaki Ugajih. But I'm not sure if this is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts