AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much on video games, between my work schedule and spending time with the Family, there's not much " Me Time" left. But there is one game I really enjoy, "Mercenaries", Merc 2 will be out next Month :wink:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32525.html

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
the first one was the shit, i cant wait.

(didnt picture you as a video game guy johno!) :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work odd hours, when the weather turns cold and I'm on night shift I like to un-wind before turning in.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
the frist one was great.hope this one is good,its been delayed for a year or so.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Looks good Johno...Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
990 Posts
o hells yeah

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up last night, I played it a few minutes today, it was worth the wait :wink:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
im a little disappointed, its good but not great

eta my rant about wall mart

went in to buy this game at midnight the lady said it didn't go on sale till tomorrow. I said yeah its midnight, she responded "yeah but its not really tomorrow yet". i was dumbfounded

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just played it today. Thought it was kinda odd that it came out on a Sunday since most big games come out on Tuesdays. But the game is awesome and like JohnO said,it was well worth it! I love how much more destructible the enviroments are compared to the last game. Once I hijacked a tank and was just bulldozing through houses. The explosions are make the game though. Here's a couple of explosion videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSpB-2x0n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHm75seyXQ&feature=related

This may be the biggest explosion in gaming history...just a tactical nuke. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8jwfR3-iI8

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just_Parker said:
im a little disappointed, its good but not great

eta my rant about wall mart

went in to buy this game at midnight the lady said it didn't go on sale till tomorrow. I said yeah its midnight, she responded "yeah but its not really tomorrow yet". i was dumbfounded
there you are applying logic in a logic free zone :smile:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I grabbed my copy last night :twisted:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That tactical nuke is the shit! :shock: I must get an X-box 360! I loved the first one, especially the carpet bombs and the portable air strike. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
You know I never played the first one - and this one looks somewhat interesting, but I don't quite understand the point of the game.

Can someone give me a little info on what you are supposed to do (missions??) in the game or do you just run around cremating stuff?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Horse said:
You know I never played the first one - and this one looks somewhat interesting, but I don't quite understand the point of the game.

Can someone give me a little info on what you are supposed to do (missions??) in the game or do you just run around cremating stuff?
I Haven't played the new one, but I'd guess it follows the same format as the first one.
In the first one the Allied Nations (the games take on the UN) are at war with north korea. All the most wanted north korean officers are assigned spots on a deck of cards (like we had with Iraqi officers). The higher up; the more money you get for bringing them in (full value) or killing them (half value).
There are also different fractions (all with their own agendas) that you can work for; and in return for doing jobs you not only get paid, you get intel on where to find some of the most wanted card members.
One of the best things in the game is using you PDA to order everything from APC's to trucks, to fuel-air bombs. The russian mafia can supply you all the things you need (for a fee) to complete your missions or just wreak havoc.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Horse said:

I would definitely recommend getting the first one if you have a system it was released for,just to see if you like it. The second one is nearly identical with some new weapons and features. You can probably find the first one very cheap at a used game store. Here's some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenaries:_Playground_of_Destruction

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I played it for 4 hours last night :goof: I just need the codes for all the firearms and infinite ammo.

I'm looking forward to the release of Freedom Fighters 2 on PS3. The original for PS1 was a great game.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Kenelm52 said:
I played it for 4 hours last night :goof: I just need the codes for all the firearms and infinite ammo.

I'm looking forward to the release of Freedom Fighters 2 on PS3. The original for PS1 was a great game.

nahhhh, just wait till your get the fuel air rpg, its the shit

1 - 20 of 41 Posts