AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
National post and meter Marlin barrel looks to be less than 1000 from the end of production..
Can anyone give me any info? Bore is very clean and sharp..
Great little shooter too :wink:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
You can find out when it was made here: http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... 52&t=38390

Is that from the CMP? They're descriptions make them sound like they're POS.
No it is not a CMP rifle. It was picked up at a pawn shop for 500.00 and after talking to the guy. He said a guy pawned it twice and the second time did not pay it off. The rifling looks very good and the gun appears to be a good shooter per my dad. I cannot see any evidence that it was arsenal refinished or any import makings. The rusty mags were picked up for 5.00 each :wink: I will blast and park them :wink:
BTW I posted the crappy pic since dad does not have teh mad intraweb skillz :wink:

·
Registered
785 Posts
That's a nice looking Carbine. The price is fair too........... :grin:
Thanks for posting a photo.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
WOW!....I loves Carbines! Purchase the Carbine book by Riesch (about $20) It will tell you every piece that should be on there. GREAT SCORE more pics!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Rotdorn said:
WOW!....I loves Carbines! Purchase the Carbine book by Riesch (about $20) It will tell you every piece that should be on there. GREAT SCORE more pics!
Sorry no more pics tonight :sad: Dad took it home after he had me clean it and look over the internals.. :neutral:
I cannot get over how good the rifling looked and the stock only had a very light MA? mark on it and appears to be walnut.. The production puts it in the 43-44 time period :grin: I wish it could talk :wink: The barrel has no date on it and has the US arsenal Flaming cannonball stamp, meaning that it is original If I have read right.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Could it be a "MR"? Mount Ranier Ordnance Depot Rebuild mark. Either way...he done good! Nothing wrong with a rebuild....that just means they earned their stripes in battle to get there!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Nice purchase. An M1 Carbine and whatever Carcano model is representative of WWII are the only two rifles I need to have at least one rep for all major players of WWII.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Wowy ! Really nice looking piece you found there. Im envious :razz:

Do let us know how it shoots. I was quite surprised with how well mine did. Definetly wasnt expecting the kind of accuracy it produced. I hope the same rings true for you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Speedfreak said:
The rifling looks very good and the gun appears to be a good shooter per my dad. I cannot see any evidence that it was arsenal refinished or any import makings. :wink:
you would have to shot the wee out of one to wear the rifling. teh striaght cased rd is pretty easy on the barrel.

it was overhauled....it has all teh late features.
the bayo mount front band and adjustable rear sight are give aways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts