Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. This is how bored I am right now... Me and a few of my buddies over here watched the movie The Break Up. We got into the argument of whether or not it is a chick flick lol. What do you guys think? I say its not a chick flick and its a comedy.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Never seen it, but according to all the reviews it's a "date-movie" that bucks all the traditions of the genre.

While a "date-movie" is a chick flick that a guy can stand, I think that the most realistic way to look at this is:

If Ironman, Batman or Tropic Thunder is showing at the theater - it's a chick flick.

If "Pretty Woman," "Bridget Jones Diary" or god forbid - "Beaches" is on the marquee - it's a comedy.

An exercise in relativity, indeed.

For the sake of solidarity, I'll vote comedy, stand with you Pink and take all comers.

It's a Scottish thing.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Err... :neutral: I saw the movie and was unable to come to a conclusion. Guy funny in parts, chick emotional in others.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I would have to say neither funny nor a chick flick... My wife is a die hard Jennifer Anniston freak so we had to watch it. We both thought it sucked hard... :neutral:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
date flick.
it walks in the gray area between comedy and chic flicks,something for everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts