AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my C&R license in today. Five weeks to process it.
I better go buy stamps. :goof:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've had my packet for about 6 months, and have not sat down and filled it out. :goof:

It might be because I heard once you get it back your bank account starts going dry. :twisted:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Salbo on the Gunco Board has a sticky up with great info on filling out the C&R paperwork. I followed that to do a good job on it. I must have done it right on the first try. Not bad for government paperwork! Salbo's tips on it were very well written.
I like the idea of being able to jump on a good deal when you see it advertised. I'll be filling out a pile to mail out to dealers this evening.
In my case I'll be selling off old bike parts on EBay to fund some C&R purchases this year. Won't hurt the old bank account a bit!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a little something extra in from the BATFE today. BIG fat envelope loaded with detailed info on the laws and regs. Federal and state by state!That was a nice surprise. Very comprehensive package. I wound up spending the whole afternoon familiarizing myself with it.
Very helpful package! Now I feel like I got my $30 worth. :goof:
Seriously though. Study up on that package and you'll asking fewer questions here!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
Finally got my C&R license in today. Five weeks to process it.
I better go buy stamps. :goof:
You know you can fax and email them now!!!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. But I don't have a fax. And a scan/jpeg seems cheesy. Just made sense to send them hard copies to file.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
A fax and a print out from your printer is a hard copy. Just makes it easier and don't have to waste all those stamps.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again. I don't have a fax. Most of my little upholstery business stuff gets done via e-mail.

And the stamps aren't wasted! I'm certain the postal service uses the money responsibly! :roll:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Agreed, I was just trying to make the point of not haveing to lick & stick envelopes to send FFL to everyone, I have about 40 or so people I deal with that uses my FFL so its easier for me to fax or email when I renew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts