AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that alot of the mitchell's have a light unfinished look as well as the m92's and the kits look a little different. Is it the fact that the kits just have so much cosmoline soaked in. Just wondering how it should really look when I'm done with my builds.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
ST, I'm pretty sure it is just hte massive amount of oil and cosmoline that the surplus parts kits have on them.

I rub Ballistol on my Yugo from Mitchelle's fairly often and it still hasn't darkened up, and it's a fairly dry wood.

Alot of people say it's Teak, and that's what Mitchell's promoted their AK's as having, although some people claim it's some kind of elm.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Thriving Mediterranean and subtropical vegetation, like cypress, palm and olive trees, orange, lemon and cherry trees dominate Yugoslavia's coastal areas. Lower mountainous regions are characterized by deciduous trees like oak, elm, maple, walnut, chestnut, ash, willows and lime.

ELM (Crown European)

·
Registered
208 Posts
From the looks of your sample picture, I would say that my Mitchell's wood components are elm. The match is almost exact.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Hoot, that's a spare Bulgarian sling I had laying around.

The Yugo slings use a different snap up front. They're the same sling as what you get with the Yugo M59/66 SKS's.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
Templar said:
Hoot, that's a spare Bulgarian sling I had laying around.

The Yugo slings use a different snap up front. They're the same sling as what you get with the Yugo M59/66 SKS's.
That is what I thought. Thanks for the reply.

Anybody have a good picture of a Yugo sling on a Yugo rifle?

Hootbro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts