AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my M1A bush rifle and 544 round of 308. Ive had it for about 5 months and have only put 50 rounds through it. I took it out once loved it but Im considering not keeping it at this point. So i was wondering what you all think it would be worth? I know the ammo at current prices is worth four hundred dollars but the rifle is what I am really curious about. Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
$400 for 544 rounds of .308?

Is it match? Lake City M-118, Federal 168... or just ball? If it is ball ammo it is worth high end $275-300.

Oh... and don't sell the M-1A.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its federal 168 400 is what I paid for it in Norther VA bout the cheapest. Id rather not sell the M1A but times may call for it.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
helps to know who made it, is it norinco? springfield armory?? wood stock or synthetic?? a pic would help with value, usually people dont want ammo included because it adds weight with shipping......and i can pick up .308 for a hell of a lot less than .75 cents a round :neutral:

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a springfield. I dont have pics but imagine it fresh out of the box feeling minus the one day shoot with it and the woodland camo stock. I wish I could pick up 308 for less than 75 cents a round. I just left northern Va and came to Souther Pa, the prices are worse here. You have to use Barnaul if you want to shoot it at all.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just a thought; With the money that you have invested in the ammo, you could get set up to reload. While I do understand that reloading is not for everyone, due to time constraints or whatever other reasons, the fact is that you can reload a better quality round, tailored to your gun, than you can buy anywhere, and for a whole lot cheaper.

I had an M1A, at one time. I kick myself, every single day, for having sold it. I would hate to see the same thing happen to anyone else! :evil: :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts