AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends.....been looking at JG Sales for over a month now and I see 1000 rds of Wolf ammo, 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, backordered. Also, I have noticed their prices have went up approx $10 per 1000 to $128. So I must look for ammo else where since guns shows are infrequent here in southern Illinois. Does anyone know of any good internet sites to purchase Wolf ammo? Also, why do you think there is a shortage of ammo? Is Wolf sending it to the bad guys overseas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ammo

Muttly.....thanks I'll check it out. By the way...money order was in the mail 2 days ago for that beautiful walnut furniture. I cannot wait to see it when I get back home after this TDY to Savannah GA. PhotoDude007

·
Registered
612 Posts
Re: Ammo

PhotoDude007 said:
Muttly.....thanks I'll check it out. By the way...money order was in the mail 2 days ago for that beautiful walnut furniture. I cannot wait to see it when I get back home after this TDY to Savannah GA. PhotoDude007
Should be here tomorrow or Sat. I would think then.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I have 1,500-2,000 rounds 7.62x39mm with me now. Then again, it goes between 4 guns (Polytech AK-47, Para SKS, Chinese Mil. SKS, Ruger Mini-30).

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ordered 1000 rds from SG a week ago and also had the backorder till June, but I just know checked its status and it says expected ship date of 2/26 woo!

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's good to hear! I've been looking for 5.45 everywhere and have barely managed to scrounge up 600 rounds! :neutral:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another A+ for Sportsmans Guide, I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from them. If you join the Buyers Club it will quickly pay for yourself with one big purchase. They also send you alot of coupons too. Usually $10 off over $50 item for new members.

·
Banned
413 Posts
SG IS the place for online ammo orders!

My last 2K order from SG was placed on 12/28/05 and received on 1/23/06. I joined the buyers club so the ammo was $90.22 a case and if your order is over $100.00, you can opt for the four month pay plan. :grin:

Bill

·
Registered
824 Posts
ghostrider said:
http://www.ammunitionstore.com/index.htm
Showing 7.62x39 in stock again.
Shows 5.45x39 is no longer backordered, too. No prices listed on the Wolf stuff, just Barnaul.

-GreatWarAZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
I havent seen any hard conformation but have heard that NATO is makeing 7.62x39 its primairy alternat calibur or some such term basicly meaning that while it wont replace the 5.56 at least at this time that they are stocking up on it and it will be their secondairy cal. Thats just what have heard and like I say have not seen any copies of reports for it but that was the story and that the increased demand of supplying governments more than in the past was creating the shortages and increased supplies. The good news being that if this is true then once things get geared up and running at speed to keep up with these orders then the price should most likely drop lower than it had been and supplies should be flowing good.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I just ordered 500 rnds of Wolf SP from SG for $52.
No bulky/heavy shipping fee that way.
Got one last Polish UF kit too. Order came to just over $250.
Used a coupon for $20 off and that covered the shipping and then some.
Just $250 for a UF kit with accessories and 500 rnds of ammo!

Not to mention that if you sign up with Fat Wallet and shop SG through their link you'll get another 6% back.
That's another $15 off! $235 final price!

Between Fat Wallet's $5 offer and the 6% they give back from SG purchases, they've saved me $25 in the last month since I signed up.
http://www.fatwallet.com/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts