AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick question for anyone who can help with info..
I have several cases of Wolf Extra Match LVE. A small part of what I have is packaged in the Wolf Military Classic Extra Match packaging instead of the red & gold packaging. Besides the date on the case heads (10 for red/gold packaging and 11 for Mil Classic head stamps) they look identical. Weights were identical as well.
1. WOLF 7.62x54R EXMATCH 01.jpg 2. WOLF 7.62x54R EXMATCH 02.jpg 3. WOLF 7.62x54R EXMATCH 03.jpg

First picture just comparison of the boxes, second pic is the head stamp of the Mil Classic Extra Match, third is the red & gold box Extra Match head stamps.
I want to assume that they are the same round in different packaging. Is this correct or is anyone aware of a difference between the Mil Classic Extra Match and the "Extra Match" red & gold cartridges besides packaging?

I haven't had a chance to try any out yet, but I was mainly curious about the different packaging. I don't see this stuff often and this will be my first time shooting them. Anyways, thanks for any info.

Powers

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Not sure if the ammo you listed is rated this way, but there was a thread about match grade surplus 7.62x54R that came in sealed tins. (I forget whether it was Russian or Bulgarian) One of the members translated the info on the tins and one of the markings referred to the testing of the lot of ammo for the maximum spread of shots at 300 meters. I believe the ammo in the example had a spread of 7. Anything with a spread of 10 or below was considered "match" grade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts