AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is sort of late, but anyone around raleigh, nc, dixie gun and knife show, a vendor has 2 pallets of wolf 7.62x39, $159. a case. he's in the back left corner.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If this guy is selling at $159 a case and still make a profit. But we are paying on average $189-199 from huge distributors, I guess it means we are getting screwed. :eek:

·
Registered
754 Posts
vatolocal said:
If this guy is selling at $159 a case and still make a profit. But we are paying on average $189-199 from huge distributors, I guess it means we are getting screwed. :eek:
Or he payed $89 per K for it no more than three or so years ago and is just trying to get as much of his money back out of it as fast as he can at said show.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
eldogg said:
I know this is sort of late, but anyone around raleigh, nc, dixie gun and knife show, a vendor has 2 pallets of wolf 7.62x39, $159. a case. he's in the back left corner.

What vendor?

Will he be at the Richmond/Roanoke/Salem shows?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LeibstandarteAdH said:
vatolocal said:
Or he payed $89 per K for it no more than three or so years ago and is just trying to get as much of his money back out of it as fast as he can at said show.
rumor has it he was only making $4. per case.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Damn :shock:

The only jokers selling 7.62x39 at my area gunshows wants 300.00 per 1000ct :neutral:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe he will be at the greensboro, nc show in two weeks and have 2 more pallets.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Is it the 500 round case, or the 1000 round case??

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was at the range the other week shooting my LMT M4 using Wolf Military Classic .223s. One of the workers there said "That ammo (meaning all metal cases) will destroy your extractor/bolt etc....

Because it's metal against metal (brass being softer so denting before any damage to extracter ect...)

So now I'm a bit paranoid shooting metal casing ammo through my top of the line M4. Should I be?

I also use Wolf in both my AK47 and 74. Do you guys see an issue here with ammo using metal for its casings?

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
The steel is a soft steel, if it effects your extractor, you probably had a bad extractor anyway.

On the other hand, the money you save shooting wolf will buy multiple extractors if it does fail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts