AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Hungarian out the range for the first time today and after pulling out the action for cleaning, I notice that the piston is pretty wobbly and feels loose. I really don't recall if that was the case prior to my first range day but I don't see that kind of movement on my Norinco or Saiga.

Not sure if this is a clear problem or whether this is common for this type of gun. Would appreciate some advice?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Yep, just to second the answer that the piston is supposed to be loose on the carrier. Proper installation is to thread it in until it starts to tighten, then back it off one quarter to one half a turn and then pin in place. It does seem like many manufacturers are looser than others, but that is normal for any AK variant.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good. I feel better about that. I guess I didn't spend enough time examining it closely when I first got it to realize that was the way it was intended to be. A fun gun out on the range. Still getting used to the differences between my many ARs and this type of gun.

·
Technical Advisor
15,594 Posts
Some are loose and some are tight. As long as it is not binding or excessively rubbing the gas tube etc., it is fine. They tend to loosen up over time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like mine is typical then. don't notice any rubbing or binding. will just enjoy it on the range. thx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts