AK Rifles banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I'm sitting here in near agony with a kidney stone that woke me from a dead sleep last night. I waited nine hours until the Urgent Care clinic two blocks away opened.
Dry heaves, sweats, for those of you who haven't had a kidney stone, there is little you can compare the pain to. If it weren't for the bottle of Morphine sitting next to me, I'm not sure I could handle it.
This too shall pass. Hope it has already.

·
Banned
41 Posts
All U.S adult ? what is that ? This is laughable.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
My drug free mind thinks the panel needs to go through rehabilitation before we consider what they propose.

Reactions: 10Gauge and Walleye

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
I have to take them every two years along with a physical. And I am subject to random tests. DOT required.
Same here. Don't like it, but been taking the things since 1985, so whatever.

Reactions: 43m1garand

·
Registered
delete me
1,034 Posts
I get pissed tested every month. I've skipped some months here and there by luck, but my name always seems to come up on "random" populated tests. I'm pretty tired of it honestly. It's not the piss test itself I'm over, it's waiting in the hot ass pway for an hour full of sweaty bodies just to actually pee.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
So some vaguely defined "independent, volunteer panel of national experts in disease prevention and evidence-based medicine" thinks that because they think there's a lot of pill heads in the US every single adult should get tested for drug use and the LA Times is advocating this?

Yeah… that'll happen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I get pissed tested every month. I've skipped some months here and there by luck, but my name always seems to come up on "random" populated tests. I'm pretty tired of it honestly. It's not the piss test itself I'm over, it's waiting in the hot ass pway for an hour full of sweaty bodies just to actually pee.
Probation?

·
Banned
41 Posts
I have never done a test and never will

·
Premium Member
13,007 Posts
Weed, opioids and meth for everyone...then start the drug screenings...LOL....there won't be anyone left qualified to administer the tests.

Just went through the most thorough security screening 6 mos. ago....they checked everything, everyone and everywhere....not one hit
Fuckers hate me..:grin:

·
Registered
delete me
1,034 Posts
I have a burning question though. I don't mind drug screens but will stool softeners show up HOT on a PISS test?
A stool softener won't make you piss hot. However, it is encouraged that you place actual stool in the container vs urine when taking such things.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Urinalysis tests measure creatine levels, not actual foreign chemical levels. This is why you can't water down your piss no mater how much water you drink, among other advantages. False positives are possible but very unlikely. In the case of workplace random urinalysis testing, once a positive result is produced the sample is quarantined for further, more comprehensive testing to confirm the actual substance in question. This could take a few days to a month. Under probation/parole circumstances I think you're just screwed and they violate you- little to no further sample scrutiny... do not pas "go," do not collect $200. You typically have more rights in the workplace.

I was "Drug And Alcohol Awareness NCO" for a bit when I was active duty so I was entrusted with some of the juju behind .gov drug testing anyway. Testing laws and regulations on the civilian side vary from state to state.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I don't get tested for anything but even if I did I'm a boring guy, don't even like to take Advil. Just high on life!

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
Bubblehead then? It has to be cool job.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
If they can't make it a requirement for welfare recipients, then I don't see it going anywhere else.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts