AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and bought a semi-auto RPD on Gunbroker.com without looking up any reviews about the model itself. I didn't know that Wiselite had issues with soft primer strikes so when I went the range and loaded the gun up, I was :mad: when it wouldn't fire. I took the gun apart and found the bolt wouldn't full close and would jam everytime the round would chamber. As a result the firing pin is barely hitting the primer, resulting in no round being fired. I'm getting in contact with the seller to take it back but if he doesn't take it back, who should I send it to? Should I send it back to DS Arms? Keep in mind I didn't buy it directly from them so I don't know if they will take it back. If they do, will they fix or replace it? Are there others who can help if DS Arms won't? This gun was supposed to be my 25th birthday present, now it's just become a real pain. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Did u pay top dollar or can u afford to invest some $$$ in it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did u pay top dollar or can u afford to invest some $$$ in it?
That's making me nervous I must say. It seems like I'll have to shell off a larger amount of money just to get it fixed. I bought it at roughly the same price as a new one would run for. The seller won't take it back and claims the previous owner swore it didn't have any problems. This is really ticking me off. I just wanted to a semi auto RPD for just for fun, not for an investment or anything. I've sent an email to DS Arms about getting it fixed but I don't know how long it will take. I really missed out on the sale of the newer ones AIM had not too long ago. Had I jumped on it, I would have the problems I'm having now...oh well...

If I don't hear anything from DS Arms, then I'll try the Project suggestion. This really really blows.

Edit: I just checked out the Project Guns Link and found that they are closed until the end of the month. Looks like waiting will be the game for me then.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I would think the seller still has some liability. Not like it was a face to face deal in a parking lot.
If this is a known issue, what is the solution? Can you do the repairs?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You may want to check out the weapons guild. They have some amazing talent there and many extremely knowledgeable folks on the RPD who are very willing to help out. They could probably at least help you diagnose the issue and you might even be able to fix it at home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may want to check out the weapons guild. They have some amazing talent there and many extremely knowledgeable folks on the RPD who are very willing to help out. They could probably at least help you diagnose the issue and you might even be able to fix it at home.
How to I get in contact with them? Never heard of them before. Also, DS Arms isn't responding back. Looks I'll have to call them next week to talk to someone. Also trying to get in touch with Project guys to at least get some info and see if they will take repair work or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news, I took it to the guys at Two River Arms, and they fixed the problem the next day. Turns out that the headspace was off badly and the reason it wouldn't feed was due to the case head blew completely apart. That was the reason it wouldn't cycle/chamber, and it also turns out the hole in the gas regulator was too short as well. They solved the problem by resizing the bolt flaps if I remember correctly. They also fixed the receiver cover on top of the RPD as well since it was such a pain to close it, I think the slot for the pin holding it together was too small.

I also got to tour their workshop as well, and it was really cool, got to see everything they made, and saw a few examples of what they had. They are currently fixing a faulty AK74 side rail and are installing another on my Tula build. I'm definitely going to do more business with these guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts