Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WikiLeaks - Akforum edition...

Ever wonder where IVAN gets all of his HIGH dollar parts kits....??

A quick scan of Gunbroker and BH_4000 forum posts nets the following results....

Would you guys please QUIT selling to this Turd...

- Hungarian AMMS kit.. Originally sold By will6970 for $795 ----------- Currently listed for $1299 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/205305-wts-hungarian-amms-all-matching-original-barrel.html#post1937833

Hungarian AKMS Kit Original Barrel Matching AKM AK : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

- Russian Type 2 Kit - Originally sold By TheBuzzard for $3500 ----------- Currently listed for $5499 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/190997-re-listing-ruaaian-type-2-parts-kit.html

Russian AK47 Type 2 Parts Kit T2 AK-47 Izhmash PLO : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

- Bulgarian PLO milled kit.. Originally sold By COMM BLOC for $750 ----------- Currently listed for $1799 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/187065-wts-10-kits-ak-t3-vz-58-a.html

Bulgarian T3 Parts Kit AK47 AK Barrel PLO Milled : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks for the info. Its too bad that this hobby is ruined by the people who do this. We all look for good deals, and at times take advantage of a deal to earn some extra money to upgrade. On another forum recently there was a re-welded Russian type 3 mix-master rifle listed for $8,000. My first reactions was WTF, but then I realized if he is seeing kits for over $5,000 that must be part of it. He ended up going all the way down to $3,500 and then pulled it because it didn't sell. It only takes one person with deep pockets and a lack of knowledge to pay the full price and, Bam there's the new cap.

These sorts of things are killing this hobby.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Yup, this turd is no better than ETH/Sheepdog. There's things he got I would have loved to have at the time, but couldn't afford, then he resells them for twice the price. Fuck that, and him.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
is this place still about the ak not the money? or did we loose that creed when the site got bought out?
didnt eth get banned for just buying and reselling?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure why you have a problem with him buying and reselling? Seem's like he paid whatever the seller's asking price was and isn't having much luck with re-selling anyway. I have bought a few thing's from him on GB with out any problems. Let's keep the whining to the guy's on the AKfiles.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, this turd is no better than ETH/Sheepdog. There's things he got I would have loved to have at the time, but couldn't afford, then he resells them for twice the price. Fuck that, and him.
Yeah like that T2 kit.... I would already have it back from BLOSS Ind. by now.....

Reactions: boatma1

·
Registered
21,874 Posts
Not sure why you have a problem with him buying and reselling? Seem's like he paid whatever the seller's asking price was and isn't having much luck with re-selling anyway. I have bought a few thing's from him on GB with out any problems. Let's keep the whining to the guy's on the AKfiles.
Let's say you give someone a 'buddy price' on a nice gun...something they said they always wanted or had caught their eye but they missed the boat on or whatever. You sell it to them for like 100 bucks.........this person then turns around IMMEDIATELY and sells it for 300 bucks. Now...what would you think about that? Would you be inclined to do something like that for them again, knowing the result would be the same?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. Its too bad that this hobby is ruined by the people who do this. We all look for good deals, and at times take advantage of a deal to earn some extra money to upgrade. On another forum recently there was a re-welded Russian type 3 mix-master rifle listed for $8,000. My first reactions was WTF, but then I realized if he is seeing kits for over $5,000 that must be part of it. He ended up going all the way down to $3,500 and then pulled it because it didn't sell.

It only takes one person with deep pockets and a lack of knowledge to pay the full price and, Bam there's the new cap.

These sorts of things are killing this hobby.
Nailed It....

I have not sold a single thing on GB.... If I buy the parts on the forums and I decide I don't want them or change ideas, I resell them on the forums..
Why? Because I care about the hobby and don't feel like raping the very source of my hobby.....

·
Registered
775 Posts
I almost sold a kit to him yesterday which I had intentionally underpriced, since I originally bought it on here underpriced. Had no idea I was dealing with the king of GB price gouging.

Anyways, in case anyone needs one of those new Radom barrels, he has one listed for $235. I haven't scrolled through his listings in a while, that was a good laugh.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I understand but that's not the situation he's not asking to buy or posting WTB threads. Also the kit's the OP pointed out have not sold so no profit has been made. Yes I would be inclined to help a friend regardless of whether they made money off me or not.
Let's say you give someone a 'buddy price' on a nice gun...something they said they always wanted or had caught their eye but they missed the boat on or whatever. You sell it to them for like 100 bucks.........this person then turns around IMMEDIATELY and sells it for 300 bucks. Now...what would you think about that? Would you be inclined to do something like that for them again, knowing the result would be the same?

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
That figures...another sheepdick clone. There is nothing we can do as Mods to stop him unless he crosses the line, but my advice is not to sell to him. Feel free to put that in your WTS adds.

·
Banned
590 Posts
Wow, I know there is nothing criminal about what he is doing, or "wrong" per se, but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth and just seems like he is taking advantage of this forum. I'm sure the people here are all smart enough to know they could put stuff up on Gunbroker at primo pricing, but instead they choose to sell it here to a much smaller potential buying audience.

I think the guy should be banned.

·
Registered
21,874 Posts
I understand but that's not the situation he's not asking to buy or posting WTB threads. Also the kit's the OP pointed out have not sold so no profit has been made. Yes I would be inclined to help a friend regardless of whether they made money off me or not.
He's still picking up things here where we post things at or below market value and trying to flip them elsewhere. Just because it hasn't sold yet doesn't mean it won't at a future date, or some doctor, lawyer or banker throws some money at 'investments' in the firearm market.. it kicks the bar super high and prices a lot of people out of the market, making this hobby a rich man's game.. and they tend to protect those investments. Overseas suppliers of kits and so on look at GB and go 'huh.. they pay that for this.. maybe i charge more'.. easier to scroll through GB completed listings at a gun show to find a quick price, and that price could be way off due to a bidding war, real or shill.

Also note that I said buddy price, not that the person was your friend. Lemme put it to you a different way. Say it was ME that bought something off you on the cheap and flipped it... somehow the news got back to you. Now how do you feel?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm not going to say I never sell anything for a profit. But
generally when I list stuff, I list it here first, sometimes cheaper than elsewhere. My hope is that someone in the hobby will buy it, enjoy it, do something cool with it. Overall I'm operating at a loss, I assure you that lol.

Mods can't step in here, so do not sell to the troll.

On a better note, I bought a 88 Izzy trigger from Ivan Drago that he thought was Tula, haha. Thanks chief.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Exactly, I don't mind helping a member with a low price who I know will enjoy something, but to flip it like he does is one of the biggest bitch moves I know of in this hobby. Like others said, he sets a new price cap on an item that will not go back down.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.