AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,317 Posts
vit said:
Why is this here? Waiting for second coming of campybob?
I sorta agree. The guy is like Hillary Clinton IMHO. You either love him or hate him.

Hootbro

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, the guy never did anyting for me. Why the fan club? :dance:

·
Super Moderator
10,317 Posts
I see what you are trying to say. I have no opinion positive or negative about campybob. Just been a spectator over the years watching him and the cult of personality that seems to preclude him everywhere. Just a very polarizing person from my observation. The term "legend" almost comes to my mind which by definition means "a story coming down from the past; especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable".

Hootbro

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Reading Campy's posts on Arfcom is what lead me to the promised land of Kalashnikovs.

Campy is kind of like an AK prophet - the voice of one crying in the wilderness :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
The poupose of "Campy's Corner" was to provide Bob a place to announce and promote "Bulletfest",nothing more,nothing less.

·
Super Moderator
10,317 Posts
JOHNO said:
The poupose of "Campy's Corner" was to provide Bob a place to announce and promote "Bulletfest",nothing more,nothing less.
And all is clear now. :razz:

Hootbro

·
Registered
1 Posts
here's something polarizing for you...

and rotdorn wondered 'why' i didn't want to register.

valmet mike had it right...way back in 1999.

jezus h. tapdancing krist on a pogo stick! i'll never cease to be amazed by the human race.

as far as bulletfest goes, as of a week before last friday the owner of the cubic shot range (the site we were negotiating to get for bulletfest) told us he had other commitments for the range. unless thor or i can come up with a safe facility quickly, we'll just hold a small invitational mg shoot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bob,, has been around since the meager beginings of the forums ak-47.net, ar15.com, assaultweb.net..etc.. etc..,, he has seen them come and go and made many a friend, also, made many an enemy, which I do not understand. because he is a great guy and you will not find anyone more willing to help out and bring folks together with events like bulletfest.
Don't believe the hype.. Bob's a real pussy cat...lol :mrgreen:

·
Registered
374 Posts
He came
Looks like he went.
To bad,he always has alot to share,but you do need a sense of
humor to enjoy his stuff.

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those unaware, Campy is pretty well burned out on gun boards.

Sometimes I can see his point.....

You don't have to agree with him, just appreciate the great event he created, Bulletfest. He works his butt off for MONTHS to make it happen then rarely gets to even shoot at the thing. Makes ZERO $$ on it - in fact it costs him. All as an act of respect to a departed friend. I have been to all but one (heart attack) and must admit the early ones with a smaller crowd were a LOT more fun. Sometimes it is just too much work to have fun with a big shoot!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts