AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm in the dark. What is going on over at arfcom? I came across the reference to this new site the other day. So I came over and registered. So, what's the deal?

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
The members asked for change, and change did not happen.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
When a board does not listen to the members, they risk alienating the membership. This board was built by members, for members, and will always be about the members.

G

·
"Ok, I'm in the dark. What is going on over at arfcom? I came across the reference to this new site the other day. So I came over and registered. So, what's the deal?"

When this country was built there was a revolution because people were pushed too far. Today, everywhere people turn, they are being pushed too far. The first thing they do is move. After a while they aren't going to take it anymore. For the rest of the story listen to the song Seven Spanish Angels

EDIT- This is just my opinion and not the opinion of the mods that I know of. MV out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I try to help out folks with a question when I can over there, and I still check the EE, but that stupid policy of not letting un-paid members see posts over 30 days old has led to nothing being posted but the same old repetative questions from noobs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will try to answer this to the best of my knowlege...There were sellers on the equipment exchange that got the boot because they didn't have a membership or didn't become sponsors. One in particular got the major shaft because he was deemed to be a dealer and not a "cleaning out the closet" seller. He had awesome AK parts from Russia at very decent prices which are highly sought after by us AK junkies.

Here comes the pissing off the members part... He was booted and they allowed other known "dealers" to continue to operate without any bias whatsoever and are still there pimping Tapco products. Most of us, if not all of us, felt that this was, is, bullshit.

The last straw came when the forum Gestapo started locking Ad threads in the equipment exchange section because they were being bumped to the top of the list before the 3 day limit. They were going right down to the hours and minutes on this. You could no longer answer questions by posting replies. You had to answer by instant message, email or edit your original post. Needless to say the mods went way overboard and pushed the good guys too far.

I'm not sure if I missed anything about any other problems but I'd like to point out, at least in my mind, that the major thing that sets this site apart from the "other(s)" is that this is an asshole free forum. Well... maybe not asshole free...just my kind of assholes :wink:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Is it just me or is it alot quieter over there since this forum opened?
I'm not trying to make fun or put down the other site. This is just an observation on my part as I drop in there a couple times a day when I take breaks from my shop work. I call that a sign that there is quite a demand for this new site. Folks voted with their feet.

This iS a great forun by the way. Thanks for opening it up! I just got DSL last week and being able to see all the photos and videos is cool as heck!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Dieter122 said:
what kind of changes will set the board apart from the old forum....like what did people want to see changed that didnt? I like this forum more, only because its AK only, but , policy changes, design of the forum, what sets it apart (what was the change that made the new forum be as it is)?
basically what made me decide to give the other site the finger is the way they handled a very good guy over in russia,... i belive this was already brought up so i wont beat a dead horse.

i like the fact everyone here is equal and there is not a paying member vs. non-paying member snobery.

and that this site is set up to spread good info about one of the best weapons made in the last century,..and not about how much money the site can make.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I think the question's been answered, and I appreciate you guys coming over with us.

So, I'm going to shield the horse from getting hit anymore..... :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.