AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This. This is why. I wonder why it wont cycle.....hmmmm. Lonnie did this shit and actually sent it back to me. no call before hand, no nothing.... Just glory holed my barrel and said "ThAt'lL ChOoCh." - they are re-barreling my kit, after putting up a fight and lying his ass off/refusing to accept his mistake, just thought everybody should see this mangled bullshit.- I'm to the point where I can laugh about it now. kind of.

Attachments

· Registered
4,972 Posts
You can't just slam and use profane terms about an established reputable dealer without more information. I'll second the need for more info about your problems and the facts about your transaction.

I've been buying from Curtis aka "AK-Builder" for over ten years. My dealings with him have been absolutely trouble free. He is one of the few go to vendors in our AK building hobby I trust.

AK-Builder barrels, parts, receivers and accessories, no matter. I got what I ordered and the items worked. Nearly most if not all of my "deleted" (suck it atf) number of AK home builds have parts from AK-Builder in them.

I did have one small issue on one of my orders an Curtis made it right with discount on the item and shipping.

I would also give him time to right your issue before you post negative things on a public forum.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
rained out!
So I sent AKB my parts to get headspaced. I get them back, install the headspaced barrel assembly, verify headspace with gauges and go to the range- failure to cycle on all settings of a DAG-13 GB. rails are perfect, zero binding, hand cycles perfectly everytime....wtf?.... take it home and press off the GB and the initial attached pics are what I found underneath. I fired the rifle enough to leave powder residue in the exact shape of the channel milled into the bottom of the DAG-13 ( it's 20mm long mind you and the port he drilled isn't even close to being inside.) The factory gas port was well within the channel. He blew through the barrel and didn't feel air coming through to the chamber and decided to drill another port way down south. Didn't even spin the adjustment dial to see if it was on gas shut off setting (which it clearly was.) after a brief exchange of messages, both on their site and email, it went to phone calls. This fucking guy has the balls to tell me he drilled the obvious factory port. I mocked everything up to make sure fitment was good to go before the parts left my house. WBP GB fits over the factory port just like it should. switch to the DAG- same story...well within the channel. he second guessed himself, or just saw something that wasn't there that made him believe that port needed to "move". fine. Call the customer first- don't just drill two fucking holes and call it good, and certainly don't lie to the customer about it when you get called out. I would have bought one of their barrels and called it a day. I gave them every chance to just tell the truth. Lonnie told me himself several times Curtis knew about the situation. I HATE that this situation even happened. I LOVED doing business with them.....any part I could buy from them, I did. They are like 4 hours from my house... always next day shipping pretty much. Lonnie ALWAYS answered any question I had timely manner- I had all the respect in the world for AKB until they started with the lies......I get it...mistakes happen. He wasn't used to seeing that GB...but when you get called out and have an opportunity to come clean and not hurt the relationship- you should probably take it- and they didn't. They are "making it right" but not before I had to fight for it and they still wont admit they lied/accept fault.

Attachments

· Registered
469 Posts
They are "making it right" but not before I had to fight for it and they still wont admit they lied/accept fault.
If they are making it right, then why the need to come on here and trash on them? Do you feel that this is going to help your relationship with them? or give you better service?
I can name a few dozen companies that would have told you to go pound sand, if they told you anything at all.

Or is it because you had to fight for it?
who hasn't had to do that with a business?...thats the nature of customer service a crossed every industry now days.
I'm sorry this has happened if it is as you claim, but logic would dictate one allow them the chance to do just that AND receive the returned product back - before taking to social media to shit post about a company that many of us have been buying from for decades without issue, in order to garner some sort of support.
No one really cares if you buy from them again or not, ya know...

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they are making it right, then why the need to come on here and trash on them? Do you feel that this is going to help your relationship with them? or give you better service?
I can name a few dozen companies that would have told you to go pound sand, if they told you anything at all.

Or is it because you had to fight for it?
who hasn't had to do that with a business?...thats the nature of customer service a crossed every industry now days.
I'm sorry this has happened if it is as you claim, but logic would dictate one allow them the chance to do just that AND receive the returned product back - before taking to social media to shit post about a company that many of us have been buying from for decades without issue, in order to garner some sort of support.
No one really cares if you buy from them again or not, ya know...
simple. they lied and continued to do so.... the company we all know and love tried to bend me over. facts are facts and pictures don't lie. Don't come here and try to pick my post apart because you don't like my language/tone or my specific vigor in how I chose to deal with it. If my post doesn't align with community standards then the mods will deal with it I assume. I didn't pick one of those companies for a reason. I picked the one I had a good standing relationship with and trusted completely. no gains or motives other than to inform people who don't know- this is the work they are sending into the wild and how they dealt with this issue. Idk what you are taking about with the help the relationship/better service stuff. pretty obvious that ship has sailed. I vented, if you don't like it I don't really care. Thanks for your .02 though.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm sorry the problem happened. I'm glad they are making it right. You have every right to post about it in any tone acceptable to the forum rules. Nobody else has to agree. Mistakes happen, a part of life. So is tomorrow. And the next day. Breathe, move on. Everybody else is gonna do them, you do you.

· Registered
25 Posts
I dealt with Akbuildee over 10 years before I stopped and my stopping business was for a much different reason.Site and sales security. I had my creditcard info breached 3 times( each time it was ak builder I thought it was only me until on weapons guild there was a post saw here several people had the same issue and AK builder was let know but didn't address the issue which was strange cause it went on for months.Im sure someone here will remember and chime in.I haven't done buissness since because I didn't think they addresses that situation correctly.Lots of vendors with the same stuff but to me the site is a danger to my $ and I have avoided it since seeing the security for the customer info was a joke they didn't want to invest in or it wouldn't have happened or when it did could have addressed it.I think the original poster is saying they don't make the best decisions or have the integrity he is looking for and letting people know.Im glad he posted it,it gives information that you can ignore if you wish .and do business or if you read and agree then you don't have to do business and end up in the same hole . Businesses need their feet held to the fire.personally the way they handled the data breach was nearly fast enough because I gave over a month to see it handled and was waiting to place an order for a faux suprrssor extention only they had in stock at the time but after having to keep changing cards I opted not to so if they were trying not to lose money and keep it under their hat about the breach and not address it well from me they are still losing money.

· Registered
469 Posts
^^^ I also heard of several people that had their accounts hacked after using their cards at AK Builder. He kept telling people that he fired the person that did it, but yet it kept happening.
Not making excuses for AKBuilder and his handling of anything, but the one issue (specific bad build claim) really has nothing to do with the other. (CC info breeches which occur every day worldwide).
Data that is obtained in a data breech incident, is harvested, sold, resold and can/could be used weeks, months even years later, by multiple entities over & over.

Often it was the outside CC processor service, the data storage provider that was hacked and not the specific vendor, grabbing any traffic that came thru.
Major corporations, the gov, the VA, BofA, even Equafax themselves, all of which have serious security in place, have all been hacked.

· Registered
162 Posts
Only problem I ever had with them was recently purchasing a chrome lined AK74 5.56 NATO barrel. They sent me a non chromed barrel. Returned it with a note explaining the problem and they sent the chrome lined barrel.

· Registered
439 Posts
AK-BUILDER has been in the AK game for a long time. Selling parts kits and populated/headspaced kits. I have always, and still, think highly of the skills and experience, and effort that they have put into the building of ak rifles. Plus providing the parts and accessories needed for your project. My 100% go to.
You have purposely, and maliciously, insulted individuals and a reputable business.
You obviously couldn't do it yourself, so you send it out. Ineptitude! 👈💩
In my opinion, you should go fishing instead. That way you can blame the hook.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts