Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We should bug them to. ALOT.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. It seems like it would make sense and be cool if they did, and was wondering what everyone else thought about the idea.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Templar said:
I believe they do, they just make them for Russian consumption....
It is my understanding that civilians are not allowed to own 5.45x39 caliber weapons in Russia.

Last summer I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Izhmash civilian firearms catalog. It is about 1/2 inch thick, full color, with both Russian and English text. It does not list any 5.45x39 rifles.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
That wouldn't suprise me Mike. I thought for sure I'd seen pictures of SAIGA's in 5.45mm, I guess for Europe, but the 5.45mm cartridge isn't doing so well outside of Russia and Romania.

·
Registered
330 Posts
They make Saigas in 5.6mm for Russia. I read that Russian public can't own rifles in military calibers. They can own 7.62x39 Saigas though. It's still in use with the Russian Military, so I don't get that. :neutral:

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
As everyone stated, 5.45 is not allowed for civilian sale in Russia.

7.62x39 is legal because it is not standard A. When it was standard A, 7.62x39 rifles were illegal for civilian sale as well.

In Europe, 5.45 doesnt really sell well anyway.

Supposedly, when the first Saigas were imported after the wall came down, a couple samples were in 5.45 but thats as far as it went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts