AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that they have the provisions to make AW's here, why don't they start selling FNC's again? I know I'd buy one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
All the FNCs in the US are pre-'89 import ban.

FNC would have to set up factory in the US or find someone that would import them and replace 5 parts with US parts. Neither would be to appealing to a company trying to import rifles to the US. Its not like FN needs the money anways. They sell thousands of M16's here though!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kalahnikid said:
All the FNCs in the US are pre-'89 import ban.

FNC would have to set up factory in the US or find someone that would import them and replace 5 parts with US parts. Neither would be to appealing to a company trying to import rifles to the US. Its not like FN needs the money anways. They sell thousands of M16's here though!
They're already selling us p90's and f2000's, though, so why couldn't they just ship out some of the old tooling for the FNC's?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
.......... because the weapon system has evolved a lot in 25 years.

The FN SCAR-L is based on the FNC but with vast improvements.

I've shot a fair number of both semi-auto FNC's and registered select fire FNC's, and while they are very cool and great weapon, there was room for improvement.

The firing pin has a nasty habit of snapping.

Belgium, Sweden, and Indonesia all build and use the FNC.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Templar said:
.......... because the weapon system has evolved a lot in 25 years.

The FN SCAR-L is based on the FNC but with vast improvements.

I've shot a fair number of both semi-auto FNC's and registered select fire FNC's, and while they are very cool and great weapon, there was room for improvement.

The firing pin has a nasty habit of snapping.

Belgium, Sweden, and Indonesia all build and use the FNC.
I know there was room for improvement, but I would still like to own a civilian semiauto...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
FN already has a factory in SC to build Machine guns and M16s for Uncle Sam.. If the civilian market takes a crap (always a risk) then they would still be ok.

The P90 and F2000 are probably going to be made here anyway for a .mil or .gov market...Do any civilian market sales are a bonus..

Any production of the FNC, FAL, etc would probably just be civilian market only.. They probably dont feel it would be worth the bother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts