AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have two Rock River Arms left in my safe. But I sold my Armalite To buy a Vepr .308. I sold my Bushamster to buy another Arsenal milled Sam7. This time the carbine version.:cool: I can't explain it .My AR's are sleek,light weight and refined with accesories galore but I don't care anymore. Give me a short sight radius,heavy(by AR standards)Kalashnikov.Is it the recoil of the 7.62? The strange looks of the bench rest shooter nerds? Hell I don't know. What say You?

·
Registered
589 Posts
The only remnant of my past AR collection is a Vietnam bring-back "Colt AR15"-stamped 20-round mag that was given to me as a gift by a Vietnam Vet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't own any AR's nor do I plan to. I shot 'em before but nothing special enough to me that would get me to buy one.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I've had way too many AR's in past years to ever stake my life on one. I sold them all a long time ago in favor of Kalashnikov's rifle ... :twisted:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Well.....My AR is a fine weapon. It is what got me into my
interest in
Military Firearms. Of which is one M4 , my SAR1 and SAM 7.
My AR is the weapon I would grab if I had to go afoot , I could
carry more ammo and the wife could shoot it.
On the other hand My Romy Folder is more
concealable, handy to have, handy to hold.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I shot my brothers AR. Out of 5 30 round mags (yes with the ever so special green followers) we had 3 jams where the bolt would not go foreward all the way or got stuck back, and one where the BHO wouldn't disengage. This was a NEW AR that had about 100 rounds of brass cased ammunition through it and had the best parts.

I thought "wow... this is kinda douchy..." and decided to stay away from them. First rifle was a M-38. Then SKS. Then Russian designed guns were everywhere... 3 more MNs (although one is technically Hungarian) another SKS, an SVT-40, the PSL, the Polytech...

I do not like ARs. If someone gave me a decent one for free I would take it and put an M-4 stock on it and thats it. I would either want a carbine version with full length handgaurds or a 22" rifle version with again the long handgaurds, although that one I would leave the standard buttstock on. With the short handgaurds the carbines look like their barrels are too long... its fugly. Either way it would have to be free and have minimal fuglyness.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like both. I currently have several AKs and only 2 ARs. Last Sunday I sold my Armalite AR so I could buy a Vector underfolder. But today I received my new Rock River midlength upper, so I still at 2 ARs. I will have more ARs in the future, but I will still be acquiring more AKs too. If I have a firearm that isn't reliable, I either fix it, or get rid of it. I find that most guys who claim that ARs are unreliable have never owned one. I personally have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds through ARs and M16s, and I can count the number of failures on one hand. Most failures were either due to magazines or poor maintenance. I also have thousands of rounds through my AKs with also a hand full of failures. I think both platforms are viable.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I like both. I never wanted a SBR until I saw a krink though.

Right now I own more Ar's than Ak's, but I want more of both.

I like guns.

G

·
0 Posts
I love AR's, but an Ak is like a naked women. You just want to hold them and look at them all the time. MV out! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I have two ARs I need to build. I like all guns. I like pie, too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have more AK's than AR's. But my true love is my Vietman clone I built myself. An AR15A1 . Reliable, Light and Accurate. I was issued one of these while I was stationed in Germany. I carried it for two years with a M60 bag with two cans of 7.62x51 for the PIG . I was issued a brand new M16A2 when I PCSed back across the pond to ft. Lewis .But I much rather had my old A1 back. KISS ........................
My favorite AK is my SAR 2 that is going to the Doc this week due to some commie drinking to much on his lunch break. :grin: WarDawg

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got tired of them when I owned 4 at one time and not a one of them was the way I wanted them.

So, I sold them all and bought an AK......something simple like me.

ETA: After the ban died, I must confess that I did go out and buy 1 AR, but that is for the rdias project. I always wanted a Colt 635.

Accountant

·
Registered
242 Posts
I really liked the AR had one on my tour in RVN. got home brother-in-law found us a deal on oly XM-177 shortys have it still . Always wanted a M-14 type too much. Got a fal like it real well.Then the frist AK SAR-1 sweet weapon.next came a cetme nice for the money 308 to boot.ready for one of the forums AK next put on the list. Now if I can just find some cheap 7.62 Id be in good shape!! this is a great forum like it a lot! The new guy Moses nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I always try to keep an equal amount of each, two weapons that I love dearly.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have a Colt M4 that I like just fine. I also just placed myself on an order list for the new Colt LE1020 which features a gas piston system and monolithic 4 rail upper.

However much I like my AR, however, it just doesn't seem to have a soul to it like the AK does.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts