AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my driveway replaced last summer. It's an old house, the driveway was all broke up so I got a new driveway. I even had the new driveway widened by nearly two feet. Yet despite that, my wife pulls partially into the yard. Then her friend came over to pick her up- same thing. I mean is that hard to actually go to the center of a driveway? They have like three feet of room on the other side- yet still somehow end up in my front yard. I don't get it. Are they spacially challenged?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Probably because they forget they are sitting off to one side when driving?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Dude, I struggle with this at work. Thank god I'm not related to them. OMFG they drive big huge land rovers and Lexus's but can't see over the wheel or past the hood. It drives me nuts all the time.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I came back from Iraq and could see where my wife would rub the side of the truck getting in and out of the garage.
Thankfully, it wasn't her daily driver!!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Jeez us my wife does the same thing, not only does she drive in the yard but parks crooked. She has no clue on how to park straight. It wouldn't bother me if we had a huge driveway but it's just wide enough for two cars and no extra room for errors lol.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
So back when i was still married. We had a 38 foot wide driveway up to the house from the highway. Trees on both sides. With no other cars on the driveway, my ex-wife side swiped a tree... twice... same day. She took out bushes and trashcans like nobody's business. .... She drove a Ford Expedition at the time.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Too funny ...

My wife is only 4'10" on a good day, at work we call her the headless driver, LOL. When she comes to see me at work we takes bet on whether she'll park between the lines. One time she actually parked between the lines and my coworker ran out with a tape measure to see how far off she was, pissed her off because she was so proud she finally got it right. She's actually a good driver she just can't park for shit ...

She's not alone though, whenever a car pulls in front of the shop we know right off if it's a man or a woman because of the way they park ...

·
Registered
833 Posts
My wife parks in the center just fine, but she stops the car about six inches away from the garage door. She is better at running stuff over in reverse, I keep extra fence posts and rails in stock.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It's the estrogen, it is poison.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Its because men have been teaching them for years the width of his hand is 6-10 inches! Welllll.....at least whats in his hand is 6-10 inches when he tries to convince her of it. LOL

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I have the opposite problem. My hunny parks too close to the center, so I can barely fit in the driveway next to her.......... ughhhh

·
Registered
168 Posts
I taught my wife to drive, so if she messes up it is on me. Yep in my old 280z back when we were 18 :D
now she drives the jeep just fine, it is a 2 door jeep, but it is on 37" tires and a 4" life :D She does well for chick in a 6 speed jeep. I have some stories years ago when we were younger though :D

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
You guys can kiss my ass! Cryin' about that stuff. MY WIFE did $5,000.00 damage to her new Charger hauling ass across a parking lot to save a stray dog in the road. She went around a car only to hit a huge yellow pole. Hit a female dog with puppies & killed the mom. she told the owner I would come shoot the puppies. So I had to go shoot and haul of 5 puppies.
Hit two deer about $3,000.00 each. Backed into a tree About $1,200.00. Stopped quick @ a light only to get run over $9,000.00 wreck.

The only original panel on the Charger was the roof and drivers door. It had almost as much damage as I paid for the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I stopped pondering questions like this a long time ago. I've fully embraced "happy wife happy life"

Everything is much easier that way, and at least I don't go around scratching my head any more:)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You're not alone, my old lady shorts corners and drives over shit all the time. Backs up on to the grass by along shot pulling out of the garage. Smashed the back of her car backing into a hay baler in her own yard, then a post leaving the bar. Nervous wreck after riding w/ her. Yet she asked how the edge of all her rims are scuffed up,... "Woman driven" should be put on sale ads as a warning to buyers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts