AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't it be simple to just find one or two decently priced AK's that will make me happy. Here recently I've been going from stamped Norinco AK47's, milled underfolding Polytech Legends, to Maadi's. I told myself I'd limit myself to 2 rifles and a pistol, PERIOD. The rest would go to ammo and mags. I'd really like to jump through all the hoops to get a SBR Bulgarian Krinkov in 5.45 because it's super sexy and cheap to shoot but it's not looking doable at this point. The pistol I was looking into would be a Glock 17. So there I have it....just one full size AK variant I can get if I spring for a high dollar one. :evil:

Do I blow $2100 on an underfolder Polytech Legend if I know that rifle will completely make me happy?

If you're wondering why I'm having problems then here it is. I've got a pretty good paying job lined out. I need a truck to transport my dirtbike, quad, and crotch rocket if need be. So I was looking at a used Dodge Dakota R/T to do that. So that's $5,500. I need a gun safe so that's another $1000 atleast. My R6 needs some mods done to it and my dirtbike needs to get restored. Also from this job I need to put back some money for college once it's over with.

Any suggestions? I'm fuggen confused.....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i didnt read your whole post, but i did read the reply.

KRINK

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can't really help me then why bother posting? I'd appreciate help, not just KRINKOV!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unless a milled underfolder is just your holy grail of guns I'd say keep looking at other options, that is a lot of cheese. You could buy a nice AKM in either 7.62 or 5.45 with a more comfortable side folder stock for less then half that and still have plenty of extra bread left over for a bunch of mags and ammo, and some very high end accessories(rails, fancy slings, aimpoints etc). Personally I'd get a nice Bulgarian side folder in 5.45 with ultimak handguards and one of those mini aimpoints. The milled guns are nice from a work of art standpoint but you aren't likely to wear out or break a stamped gun if it's built on a good receiver.

So thats my oppinion, well only if you decided not to do what I'd really do which is GET THE KRINK!(waiting on my transfer now for one) :wink:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kotus said:
Unless a milled underfolder is just your holy grail of guns I'd say keep looking at other options, that is a lot of cheese. You could buy a nice AKM in either 7.62 or 5.45 with a more comfortable side folder stock for less then half that and still have plenty of extra bread left over for a bunch of mags and ammo, and some very high end accessories(rails, fancy slings, aimpoints etc). Personally I'd get a nice Bulgarian side folder in 5.45 with ultimak handguards and one of those mini aimpoints. The milled guns are nice from a work of art standpoint but you aren't likely to wear out or break a stamped gun if it's built on a good receiver.

So thats my oppinion, well only if you decided not to do what I'd really do which is GET THE KRINK!(waiting on my transfer now for one) :wink:
Well the milled underfolder has always been a favorite of mine. But with the crazy prices like they are it's getting further and further out of reach for me. I'm a big fan of underfolders, just not sure what I should do really. I'm just stuck....everything looks good but I don't know what to do really.

Any suggestion on what AK47 rifle I should get?

I'd like something that will look good with both my Chinese drums and Bakelites.

Someone convince me what to get....PLEASE!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Get the milled UF if you can swing it. I really regret not getting one back in the day, when I got my stamped UF. Life got in the way and I've never been able to afford one since.
You won't regret it, and they won't get cheaper. :hail:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Demon,

Don't worry...this is a normal response to the AK "fever." I did the same thing; jumping on one bandwagon to another. First, it was all milled rifles from Arsenal. Then I wanted a couple of AKMs; thought I needed an underfolder; really needed an AK-74 variant, got rid of the milled guns to buy a Chicom Type 56, etc., etc., etc.

You will never be happy with one gun. I can assure you. Way too many choices out there, e.g., caliber, country of origin, wood, polymer, variant, and so on. My advice? If you've got $2100 to spend, don't waste it on one gun. I'd invest in a nice stamped rifle built by Vector Arms, Henderson Defense or Lancaster (AKM), a Bulgarian AK-74 and a Polish underfolder or MAK 90 and convert it to pre-ban status. The rest of the money can be used for ammo/mags.

Bud

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bachelor_of_Science said:
Demon,

Don't worry...this is a normal response to the AK "fever." I did the same thing; jumping on one bandwagon to another. First, it was all milled rifles from Arsenal. Then I wanted a couple of AKMs; thought I needed an underfolder; really needed an AK-74 variant, got rid of the milled guns to buy a Chicom Type 56, etc., etc., etc.

You will never be happy with one gun. I can assure you. Way too many choices out there, e.g., caliber, country of origin, wood, polymer, variant, and so on. My advice? If you've got $2100 to spend, don't waste it on one gun. I'd invest in a nice stamped rifle built by Vector Arms, Henderson Defense or Lancaster (AKM), a Bulgarian AK-74 and a Polish underfolder or MAK 90 and convert it to pre-ban status. The rest of the money can be used for ammo/mags.

Bud
Thank you for taking the time to say all that. I keep trying to convince myself of that logic. When I know it's 100% right. I really have to figure out what AK rifle I'll need as my SHTF rifle. Maybe my best route would be these 2 rifles...

From Henderson Defense:

From Vector Arms:

That way I have a fixed/side folder and an underfolder that will get rid of that itch. How does that sound instead?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts