AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that other gun enthusiasts feel as I do; I never seem to be satisfied with my guns, accessories, equipment, etc.

For instance, I might get new furniture for a weapon, and after two weeks, I'm ready to get something else or refinish in a different color! It's the same when I acquire new weapons...I get 'em in and after a short time, I'm bored and looking for something else! It's ridiculous.

Anybody else have this sickness?

Bud

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Same here. Gahhhh it's crazy!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
No...I tend to think things through so i aviod wasting money on things
that "I thought I wanted but shouldnt have bought."

To each their own.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I'm going into rehab. Here is my twelve step program.

1. 5.45 Suppressor
2. 7.62 Suppressor
3. 5.56 Suppressor
4. 5.56 Krinkov
5. Galil
6. FNC Carbine NFA
7. M16
8. DSA Para
9. Arsenal Inc. Krinkov
10. Sig 556
11. AKS-74 M1A1
12. Another Krinkov

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Material things never satisfy. There is no such thing as enough "stuff." You can never fill that hole. I know.

The only way to find satisfaction in life is through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This topic was not meant to reflect anything negative in my life!

Don't get me wrong, fellas. I'm very happy with my life. I was just trying to get a chuckle out of the members here. Just attempting to see if anyone else out there was like me...as far as guns and gear are concerned.

On another note, if only everyone were as stable, self-assured and confident as KyAKGuy. :roll:

G

·
Greentimber said:
Material things never satisfy. There is no such thing as enough "stuff." You can never fill that hole. I know.

The only way to find satisfaction in life is through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

[email protected]

How true. As one gets older you realize that "things" are not the
important things in life. The "things" won't truely make you happy.

However, it took awhile for me to understand this. And don't take that
to mean you can't have things but be sure you have your priorities
straight.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I used to be like that, you go through enough stuff though and you find what works for you and stick with it.

That doesn't mean you can't lust after new toys though...... :twisted:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Addmitting you have a problem is the first step. Plus you can stop any time you want, but just one more and everything will be better. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bachelor_of_Science said:
I'm hoping that other gun enthusiasts feel as I do; I never seem to be satisfied with my guns, accessories, equipment, etc.

For instance, I might get new furniture for a weapon, and after two weeks, I'm ready to get something else or refinish in a different color! It's the same when I acquire new weapons...I get 'em in and after a short time, I'm bored and looking for something else! It's ridiculous.

Anybody else have this sickness?

Bud
Im infected as well. I bought my last gun about 3 weeks ago, Vector Underfolder. I told myself (and my wife) I was done buying guns for a few months. I need some other stuff around the house, its not in the budget....yadda yadda yadda.

I apparently lied to myself and my wife. I had a spare $100 and was reading a little on the commie Nagant revolver. I ordered one to play with.

Yep, I ordered a gun with a spare $100 just because I wanted something to play with. Its an old turd gun but its a gun and I had an itch only a gun would scratch.

Im buying turd guns because Im low on cash but IM STILL BUYING GUNS.

SHIT.........Im going to take up smoking crack, I think its an easier habit to kick.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Bachelor_of_Science said:
This topic was not meant to reflect anything negative in my life!

Don't get me wrong, fellas. I'm very happy with my life. I was just trying to get a chuckle out of the members here. Just attempting to see if anyone else out there was like me...as far as guns and gear are concerned.

On another note, if only everyone were as stable, self-assured and confident as KyAKGuy. :roll:
The topic in no way was taken as a reflection of your life.
Beleive me, i used to go through this alot. Now I tend to to try and plan out the projects that i really want to complete, and set aside the ones that
might be more short term. I usually forget about the short term ones and go on to complete the well planned out ones. Makes for less toys, but the ones i do get, i end up keeping forever.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I would have to agree with that outlook. You may have a few less toys/projects but might be happier with the ones you have.
I've got to go now I'm repainting my toolbox again :goof:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I found that since I can't afford a new AR or AK every month or every few months even, I can afford a new C&R about once a month or once every 2 months. at $50-$200, I have a lot to choose from, and each one I get I totally refinish, which is even more fun than buying and shooting them. :mrgreen:

and 8mm, 7.62x54r is dirt cheap so I don't go broke buying spam cans of surplus either. :twisted:

and take any surplus bolt gun to a range, you won't burn through that much ammo, even if shooting for a while.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I always dream about guns, but usually in a cool way. Once I dreamed I was Jack Bauer, but in Pakistan and instead of the pistol I pulled an RPD from my pocket. But hey my dream my reality. :twisted:

Seriously, I can shoot alot of ammo in one day. Give me a 440 spam can and two hours, that can will be gone (thinking of my M-38).

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SturmGrenadier said:
:lol: No. Actually, I'm Virgo, but I don't take too much stock in Astrology.

There's just so much out there...and so little money! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Dieter122 said:
right now ive got 3 crates (2spam cans each) of romy 8mm ammo...i need more though, im thinking about the LONG term
Yea, there's no telling with ammo. With the rising of prices and availiabity situation right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts