AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cruise the other gun sites and just look around a bit. Mostly when board and killing time. But man some of the stupid shit that gets posted blows me away. I prefer the gray man approach to things but some gun owners on other sites just go full on stupid. I just don’t understand why a person would post anything on line that may get you red flagged by ol uncle sugar?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i sometimes have to just close my eyes and click away because level of idiocy is just beyond my wildest estimation. time in time again i get proven that actually someone can be even more stupid than initial assessment you had of that individual. online it's even harder to make these assessments via sparse and sporadic interactions and then you get REALLY surprised one day. best not to get too invested or involved, better for your own blood pressure. hence why i stick to technical discussion here and avoid anything else not related to it. it does make me said though to realize than this day and age about 60% of people age between 20 and 40 not sure if planet Earth is really NOT FLAT and whether Apollo program landed people on the moon. this is an indicator of society in general - a litmus strip of sorts. we live in a age of everyone having a voice in the online public square, too bad most of theses voice come from an IQ holder below 85 and drown out any semblance of intelligent discourse.

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
It is hard to believe but firearm owners are their own worst enemies, but they are.

My daughter used to complain "why are there so many stupid people?" Then she became a neuroscientist and has an endless supply to study.
I've said this for years, and its still as true today as ever....maybe even more so.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sadly Miel there are stupid people everywhere.
I have been all over the USA and found them in every state with all educational levels.
Lets just say a guy that has lived on top of a mountain in Ky all his life with no formal education past elementary school may have more common sense and an awareness of things going on in the world than a guy from a large urban city with a college degree in sciences or the arts.
The mountain guy grows his own food and hunts for meat and the city guy thinks food comes from Joe's diner.
One will survive and one won't if a catastrophe happens.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thx for the insight, will check to etertain myself mostly.
Also we have an equal share in europe I suppose, but not so displayed on the net, in Belgium not smart to display any gun-related stuff through the net, as it will be used for politics and damage our gun rights. Even if it is educational, it will be put out of context.
All pistol, rifles and even revolvers are dangerous full auto killing devices in the media here 🤭

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Its no secret that the hillbilly typical gun owner isnt as smart as the typical lefty....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cruise the other gun sites and just look around a bit. Mostly when board and killing time. But man some of the stupid shit that gets posted blows me away. I prefer the gray man approach to things but some gun owners on other sites just go full on stupid. I just don’t understand why a person would post anything on line that may get you red flagged by ol uncle sugar?
I suspect that some are really paid trolls that are assigned to make gun owners look stupid. Not that there aren't some folks that really are that dense.
I find that most of the folks I meet at the ranges are polite, safety conscience, and responsible owners.
This has changed a bit with the recent addition of new folks that don't have a clue and seem to exhibit no desire to learn. If I get there early enough in the AM I find that I usually miss them.

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Certain people in the gun industry have shown us they are willing to fall on their own swords.
I used to watch almost all of the bigger YT gun channels and one by one, ditched nearly all of them. They all were paid shills, or closet leftists, or good with guns for themselves, but screw everyone else, or fought with each-other publicly as to be obnoxious, etc.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The demographic has changed in the past 50 years. Take a look at gun magazines from the 1950s thru the 1970s. There is a certain quality about them often absent today. The hobby appeared more refined. The past 30 years, with introduction of the internet, cellphones, and social media platforms, has now given every moron his day. A catch-phrase the late, great comedian/actor Jimmy Durante was often heard to say, "Everybody wants to get int'a de act!". has become true beyond anything he could have imagined. We are turning into a idiocracy...or rather a sizeable percentage of the population is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keep believing that please. Lol
So I’m in the heart of libtardville, I live in one of the free states on New England. The typical lefty here is a man bun, hair dying, skinny Jean clad, retarded pussy of the highest order! They have no muscle on there arms and can’t change a tire. They’re really fuckin stupid, they’re Brainwashed and might speak well, but it’s just them repeating the bullshit getting drilled into their pea sized brains for 20 plus years in school and college.
in my opinion it’s humanity as a whole
I see it every day, common sense is not common at all. The only way to discribe it is backwards and upside down. They do not have anywhere near a majority in America yet! But they’re working on it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
There are gun owners , and there are people that possess guns , I love the videos of some red neck in a stained wife beater that's critiquing something and he has his gut hanging over 3 pistols on his belt , he makes sure you see the 2 strapped to his ankles, a Bowie knife in his ass crack , chucks around his neck , 6 plastic swords on the wall and he keeps saying we need to trust him and we need to run out and buy what ever hes critiquing

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are gun owners , and there are people that possess guns , I love the videos of some red neck in a stained wife beater that's critiquing something and he has his gut hanging over 3 pistols on his belt , he makes sure you see the 2 strapped to his ankles, a Bowie knife in his ass crack , chucks around his neck , 6 plastic swords on the wall and he keeps saying we need to trust him and we need to run out and buy what ever hes critiquing
Myself,i am an old fudd, i will not put 3 thousand dollars of accessories on a 1 thousand dollar gun . It was designed to stack bodies at 50 meters until it ran out of ammo with out a dong,laser,cheese grater,scope,flash light,adjustable gas piston,rubber buffer,USB port or latte cup/cell phone holder DONK monster. I saw one that required 4 separate batteries

1 - 20 of 36 Posts