AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Don't ya just hate it when someone says "Weld it and file on it till it fits". This is a more detailed answer. It was done with a flux core MIG. It works but looks shit.
Mag needs the refinish and spit and polish that I am known to produce.

The above photo show the weld on the front tang about .060 is added to center magazine. Unmodded galil left, modded mag center, factory Yugo

The above photos show weld added above the rear tang (this is to remove front to back slop) and below the rear tang (.015 or less for a tight lock up).

The above shows material removed from the left lip for the "EJECTOR" as also seen on the factory mag. Hope this explains the Yugo/Galil Mag Mod in detail.
It works for me. YMMV

· Registered
183 Posts
Bought a half dozen 12rd Galil mags when CDNN (CCDN?) had em cheap for $9.95. Plan on narrowing one for 5.45 bench mag just haven't done it. Contemplated when building my AK74 223 conversion (used a Zastava Rem 799 barrel) to use Galil mags but got a deal on some Bulgy 223 mags and went that route. Would have just modded the trunnion for Galil mags. Have a Norinco 223. Three friggin 223 AK's and all have dedicated mags. One last note used a Norinco 5rd long style mag on my 500 S&W Saiga 410 conversion. Only one mag for that one as it's not a plinker.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my home built m95 locks up tight and funtions properly with the yugo mag. I also have a bulgarian plastic smoke colored mag that i had to modify (remove metal) the locking tab to lock up. i like the non metal mags for the light weight, so i might use bulgarian ak-74 mags and modify? also Robinson Arms still has 223 followers but the followers on the 5.56 new mag and the old ak-74 mag look similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.