AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,871 Posts
just by lookin at the pics it looks awful fake to me, but bein on national geographic there might be some truth behind it, still dont understand how it could get that deep and stay that round, it looks like a perfect cylinder

· Registered
5,381 Posts
He who controls the spice, controls the Universe.

If I were in Guatemala I would be looking out for spice harvesters.

· Registered
8,468 Posts
The National Geographic is an impeccable source, guys. This story's also been covered by ABC, CBS, NBC, the BBC, New York Times, etc.

It's not a story from some paranoid nutcake's blog, which is the usual source for "news" around here.

· Premium Member
4,274 Posts
I saw it on the news this morning, they said "Giant gaping hole" I thought they were talking about an ex girlfriend for a mintue. It would be cool to repel down into and check out (explore) whats down there, I mean hell where does it all go?

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
seems like the whole town/immediate vicinity is sitting on top of a cave?

what i dont get either is why it's so perfectly round....i dont understand what causes sinkholes.....

· Registered
1,871 Posts
mike_r123 said:
seems like the whole town/immediate vicinity is sitting on top of a cave?

what i dont get either is why it's so perfectly round....i dont understand what causes sinkholes.....
theres gotta be something under there, that dirt has to go somewhere, im baffled to

· Registered
23,508 Posts
FFS bugs bunny.. you took the wrong damn turn again.... and then you got HUEG LEIK XBOX!

· Registered
636 Posts
Schultz said:
Wow just wow this thing is huge!
Take a look at Englishrussia.com and you'll see Moscow is riddled with sinkholes, though the largest I remember was about a quarter of that size.

The pictures on the NG web site are all low resolution, which is peculiar.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.