AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gauging interest here right now, but who would be interested in new production PKM barrels?

We could do it one of two ways-

1. the more expensive way is a direct copy of the original- separate original style gas block and front sight, oddball muzzle thread, and carry handle.

2. The less traditional but more affordable way is to do a combined gas block and front sight, and the gas system would not be like the original but would be fully adjustable (not just three positions, but a detent engage screw type assembly you can back off to increase gas flow from zero to full overgassed). The other advantage to the combined front sight base and gas block is the ability to easily chop the barrel down for an "assault length" barrel. We would also do a 14x1L metric muzzle thread as there are a lot of good 14x1L copies of the original muzzle devices, and it opens up a lot of other muzzle device options. It would also have the carry handle.

I am exploring making up maybe 25 barrels, I have a ballpark of what I think the price point would be, but want to see what the interest is and what price you think would be reasonable. If the numbers work compared to what you would be willing to pay, we will start looking into it.

Sven
Manticore Arms

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know i would be interested and judging by the number of guys who have asked me where they can get parts kits, built guns, and barrels i think you would make some money on them for sure. I would be interested in both types.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd buy one-- it would be easier to justify if we could find a few kits, though, but I'd probably buy one "just in case." I would love to have a semi PKM!

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, but due to current workload at Manticore, and the less than expected interest, this project is pretty much DOA. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
How many people do you need to go into this.Im guessing that everyone interested would want 2 at least.And I too would love to see the fluted barrels.I have a couple Bulgarian fluted barrels could put one in your hands to pattern after..

·
Registered
649 Posts
Talked to several guys with PKM's at the creek, some would be interested in up to 5 barrels so they can run non-stop without killing barrels. I saw several other guys running different beltfeds with as many as 10 barrels on the line to swap out. I think you could sell the heck out of them, just need to ask the right guys. If you would be willing to give it a shot, I would visit the guys with PKM's on the line at the next shoot and get you some contact info. Also, at some point there are going to be more kits, and no barrels. If you already have the ability to turn out a quality barrel, you would be the first thought when any kits hit the market.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Dawg 180 how bout weighing in on this thread again,I think brought up in the right place there is quite a market for PKM barrels.Any chance you can rethink this project????

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are running full out just to keep up with our current project and product load, and unfortunately do not have any time to look at this anymore, sorry. :(

Maybe some time in the future....

Sven
Manticore Arms

·
Registered
832 Posts
prexis has barrels, just bought 2 from him so i can shoot my pkm w/o worrying about my original russian barrel

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Did you get any of them? I'm still waiting on a barrel or a refund since sept 2012!!!! Additionally, the ring for the carry handle isn't part of those barrels and has to be silver soldered on.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got mine a while ago. If anyone wants it I would sell it flr exactly what i have into it, $280. Too mant projects right now, need to clear some stuff out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts