AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Mario at POHF isn't taking builds, who can do accurate AK100 builds? Particularly with dimpled barrel components and new markings on the receiver?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I just had Two River Arms do some work on my Sgl 31-94...they welded the barrel pins on the fsb and gas block over, did faux punch pressed divits on them, cyrillic selector marks and 74 selector hashes, installed a pg reinforcement plate and finished the gun in "techno" paint...it's now a nice looking 74m clone...TRA really does some nice work...

·
Registered
725 Posts
That is nice. Wish they would have told me they can do that because I would have had them do the dimples on the gas block and front sight on my ALPHA build. I didn't know.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I agree will all said above. Mario did several builds for me for a few years. TRA has done three for me and have my Bulgarian kink now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a really gorgeous rifle, AKRAIDER. I've emailed Two River Arms.

Does anyone have experience with Chris Butler/AKUSA? Is he good for a clone or more general gun work?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Chris Butler is good...he did a Saiga conversion for me years ago and it turned out beautiful...another guy to contact would be BR7.62 (Bloss Ind. LLC)...his builds are phenomenal but I think he's pretty slammed with work right now...wouldn't hurt to contact him though, he's a member here...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Did Chris do the two pressed dimples on each side of the front sight and gas block?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Chris Butler built all of my Russian AKM PLO Kit Rifles. He does outstanding work. It would be worth the time to ask.

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
I just had Two River Arms do some work on my Sgl 31-94...they welded the barrel pins on the fsb and gas block over, did faux punch pressed divits on them, cyrillic selector marks and 74 selector hashes, installed a pg reinforcement plate and finished the gun in "techno" paint...it's now a nice looking 74m clone...TRA really does some nice work...
wait...i thought the sgl-31-94 came with a pg reinforcement plate?

mine came from kvar factory with a russian sidefolding polymer stock..i assume they did not leave out this critical detail of a pg reinforecement plate?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I dont think the sgl foldershad the plate

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I have rifles built by TRA and Brendyn - they do great work and I've got kits at, or ready to send to, both builders right now - but a complete answer to your question should include Marshall Arms. Ted can't be beat by anyone in terms of dead-on, detailed accuracy of a 100-series clone (although he needs to adopt the new paint standards and customers should insist on this). Others would have mentioned MA but it's been difficult to get in the door due to demand for his work and a serious car accident that prevented or severely limited his AK-building work over the last couple years. He's working to overcome this and hopes to be able to take on more work in the future.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
mike__r123...I had TRA install the reinforcement plate...got it years ago from Ted Marshall...neither the SGL 21's or the 31's came with the reinforcement plates installed from the factory...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have rifles built by TRA and Brendyn - they do great work and I've got kits at, or ready to send to, both builders right now - but a complete answer to your question should include Marshall Arms. Ted can't be beat by anyone in terms of dead-on, detailed accuracy of a 100-series clone (although he needs to adopt the new paint standards and customers should insist on this). Others would have mentioned MA but it's been difficult to get in the door due to demand for his work and a serious car accident that prevented or severely limited his AK-building work over the last couple years. He's working to overcome this and hopes to be able to take on more work in the future.

AZAK, thanks for this. I emailed him and got in line for two Signature Series guns, the AK-104 and an AK-74M. Ted called me and we talked for a 1.5 hours yesterday. Great guy with really fascinating experiences in the industry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What about removing the horrible other markings? I have been over the ATF regs and it does seem to me that only the serial number cannot be touched. The stupid dot matrix import marks should be good to weld over and remove no?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about removing the horrible other markings? I have been over the ATF regs and it does seem to me that only the serial number cannot be touched. The stupid dot matrix import marks should be good to weld over and remove no?
Both TRA and Ted Marshall told me the ATF does not allow this anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts