AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
I heard a rumor that Caspian was making them, couldnt confirm it though. At first glance it looked a hell of alot like an ORF receiver but there were subtle differences in the piston bore and feedramp areas. Not much but the tooling marks were different than the ORF's I've built on.
Oh and through the same rumor I read that they were machined castings. Can anyone else confirm this? I forget what forum I saw it on.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
afrey1967 said:
I heard a rumor that Caspian was making them, couldnt confirm it though. At first glance it looked a hell of alot like an ORF receiver but there were subtle differences in the piston bore and feedramp areas. Not much but the tooling marks were different than the ORF's I've built on.
Oh and through the same rumor I read that they were machined castings. Can anyone else confirm this? I forget what forum I saw it on.
As many as they have been building, I was hoping to find a receiver.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
obiwanbonjovi said:
centry generally doesn't sell receivers until their supply of kits for building has dried up, or the market for the rifles falls off.
I know they farm out the builds sometimes. I was just wondering if they had a outsourced builder for these or if they were in house. They must be building them in house. I haven't heard any rumors of another builder involved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.