AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the nationality of the underfolder stocks that Centerfire is selling for $49.99? Are they a good deal? Sorry guys, I am computer challenged or I would post a link or pics. I ordered a couple and they seem to be pretty heavy and much simplified compared to my Hungarian folding stock. Thanks, any help or opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
ditto on bulgarian milled.I picked up 4 myself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Catsailer and Dings, thanks for the quick replies. Milled Bulgarian is way better than I was hoping for, now I'm very glad I got them.
Will these fit a standard stamped receiver?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
they will fit. However I have not done this myself, pretty sure though.

Bulgarian "milled" is a reference to the construction of the folder arm, not the receiver in this case.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
yes they will but the right side(from the rear)the hole is different.it will not have the two slots for the nibs.it will just be a around hole and the mechanism will be one piece short of a newer underfolder so don't let that throw you off.the regular trunnion,AKMS will work just fine.just don't need the slots on the right side,just a hole.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bamaak and Dings, thanks for the further info, it always amazes me how much knowledge there is on these forums and how ready people are to help out us newbs.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Depending on if you receive the earlier or later production ones.
The earlier ones had milled arms while the later ones are stamped and spot-welded (not talking about AKMS stocks)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Based on experience, and the style of cuts on inside of long arms, I'd say they are Romanian...as they are identical to the few Romo UF parts sets I've bought.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I received one a couple days ago.

It was definitely Bulgarian (late type with stamped and welded sheet metal construction).

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
dang it,double tapped.buggars

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Will these work w/ a Yugo U/F rear trunnion?
yes they will as with any other trunnion for the UF.these are the downward slanted type,at least the ones I received are.the only difference is the older models have one less pivot arm and retaining hub w/nibs.just a little different.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
could ya post a pic of your stock dings?i hope to order mine this week.what are you using for a trunnion?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
here ya go chris.I have several trunnion blocks that I am using.I have polish,hungarian and a yugo block(pictured there I think that I am gonna use.I have a russian look alike I am putting one of these on.already have the FSB,RSB and wood I made ready to go..just love the way the butt stock snaps into place with an audible click and stays.not like the newer versions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts