AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Looking to buy a few K of this. Anyone besides Aim have the Polish stuff? I am trying to beat the $85.00 shipping to TX on the Aim order.

Looking for Light ball in the tins. Prefer to have brass case but will take copper washed or steel if there are no other choises. Looking for 2 to 5 K depending on price.

Thanks
Old Sarge

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
$85.00 shipping? For 5K rounds? Call AIM if you have not already and get them to give you a firm quote. Although that may be pretty close for that amount of ammo. The increased delivery charges are going to hurt everywhere, and everything.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
check century, if you order 500 bucks worth you get free shipping. i dont know what they have left for 54r though. also, you are going to have a hard time finding brass cased stuff... or you will pay out the nose for non corrosive.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Last time I checked Century only has the 1950s Bulgarian 54r available. I've never used any but have read a number of reports of brittle brass and split case necks. This is consistent with what I've read about older Bulgarian ordnance in other calibers as well. So what I have is second-hand information but I'd go with a different type of ammo if you can find it. I've bought a lot of 54r over the last couple of years, and the Bulgarian 50s stuff is one of the few I've purposely taken a "pass" on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats true if the Bulgarian is the light ball. The heavy ball Bulagarian is actually really nice stuff. I have shot alot of both and for some reason the light ball did have alot of broken necks. The heavy ball all has shot great and looks brand new with not one problem with it whatsoever after about 1500 rds shot. I would have no prob buying more of the heavy ball.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Century currently has czech light ball for 159 for a 800 round case. It is the newer 80 production with copper washed case. Runs great in my psl :thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
EATLEAD said:
Century currently has czech light ball for 159 for a 800 round case. It is the newer 80 production with copper washed case. Runs great in my psl :thumbsup:
Link?

I looked but didn't see it listed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
if you buy 8 cans, your shipping will go down as its houndredweight from UPS, send over your zip and i will look it up. (our website doesn't quote houndredweight)
Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts