AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were all over the place a month ago and now I can't find any???

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$785????

Is that high, or I am missing something???

TheRealSundance said:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41345

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Wowsers, i bought mine form Bocefus about a year ago for $400

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Doesn't R-guns still advertise the kits in shotgun news?

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I have seen it ...

bigmegina said:
just saw a complete rifle sell on gunbroker for $585

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
stoyan79 said:
$785????

Is that high, or I am missing something???

TheRealSundance said:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41345
The offer includes a matching serial numbered receiver. Some sellers have been able to get more than $200.00 for the NDS-Y556 receiver.

·
Registered
892 Posts

An absolutely prized possession. Even Kitty likes it!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
+1 Get one if you can, they're one of the finest variants out there. Even without NDSs dedicated receiver, you can make their other Yugo receivers work.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know they are good, but I am not spending $800 in parts, I can get parts to build AKS-74U for that kind of money.

SA58 said:
+1 Get one if you can, they're one of the finest variants out there. Even without NDSs dedicated receiver, you can make their other Yugo receivers work.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
stoyan79 said:
I know they are good, but I am not spending $800 in parts, I can get parts to build AKS-74U for that kind of money.
I don't blame you, I never would have paid that for a kit either. In fact, if they hadn't have come down from their original import price of $600 I'd still be without one. (thank god for Bocephus)

But, I suppose krinks run about that for a kit... I guess it all depends on ones perspective.

Keep searching the classifieds, I saw a lot of these kits popping up recently... although that might change with receivers available.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i picked up a bulgy krink for under 7 when they were on sale at cope's. that's the most i'll pay for an AK kit that isn't a milled russian. everything else i have ever built ranged from 89 bucks (romy G's during the heyday) to 450 (yugo M92).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
M90

I bought my "additional" M90 kit from Bocephus some where around 8 months ago for $369 if I remember correctly. They are the sweetest of the sweet. Just today I had the parts out fondling them :grin:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
If you like it now, wait till you build it.

I think this is one of those pieces that won't be appreciated by most people until they're long gone. If you think about it, there is a who lot less of these imported than the krinks and seemingly a whole lot less common. NDS is a quality receiver, quality parts = quality rifle. I think there's been so little exposure that many people really just don't know what they're missing yet.

But, NDS has made about what... 4-5 runs of the receivers, so that means there should be what, 500 rifles out there somewhere? more? I don't know what the minimum run is on those. Plus a few built on Vulcan rec's?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yugo 556

SA, in addidion to this kit I have, I have already built 2. One built on an NDS-9 as an ACE side folder, ( can swap out with a standard Yugo wood buttstock in minutes) and one on the NDS-556Y as an original UF. This third one will get the fixed teak. I only know of three runs of the NDS UF receivers. I'm not sure how many were made per run. A week ago Monday I was out testing my receiver sight, return to zero system on my Yugo 556 sidefolder. I did not have any real accurate ammo. But I used cheap, (a relative term when you're talking about .223/556mm ammo these days) American eagle 55 grain .223 FMJ. I fired 5 shots at 50 yards, marked those holes, removed the receiver cover and replaced it, then fired 5 more shots. The second group was clustered right in with the first group. The extreme spread for the 10 shots was 1.4" Now this was using an AR15 receiver sight, but I should break down and buy a box of Hornady TAP or other ammo known for accuracy and see what this thing will really do. I feel rich owning 3 of these rifles. :grin:

·
Registered
418 Posts
well worth the $$, and they wont ever get cheaper. put a couple of your GB kits up for NR and just buy one.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I've only got the two, one fixed stock and one a standard under folder... I really like the fixed stock. I'm only just beginning to see what these rifles will do, but I got a good taste. Winchester ballistic silver tip is very accurate in these despite the light bullet. Stay away from the 62gr Wolf fmj... it's crap. It patterns like a shotgun in my rifle.

This was @100 yds with a 9x scope. Three, 5 shot strings out of a dirty bore at the end of the session.. I'm sure I can get them tighter. I'd like to try some heavier, quality fodder for sure.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yugo 556

Nice shooting SA! I just put a write-up on my receiver cover mod in the "Build it yourself" forum. See what you think.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
bigmegina said:
just saw a complete rifle sell on gunbroker for $585

stoyan79 said:
I wish I have seen it ...
Hey man, I have my extra I built for sale, cheap enough I think, over in our 4sale section. It IS sweet.............. :goof:

Just a thought since you seem frustrated, :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts