·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have a Yugo M72 fixed stock.
Working on a Yugo M72 underfolder right now

·
Registered
786 Posts
Damn Sturm, you have some nice stuff. Thats a Bulgarian kit right? Are the plum stocks on those Russian or did Bulgaria make them? Id like to build a RPK-74 in the near future. A nice Bulgarian kit with a NDS-8 reciever would make a nice RPK-74. I got the 45 rounder waiting for a new home.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mohawk...

People will argue with you about these kits and that they are "Bulgarian" but they are as Russian as a bottle of Staraya Moskva Vodka if you ask people who know what they are talking about.

The furniture w/o question is Soviet/Russian. Original Bulgarian RPK-74s were manufactured using imported Russian parts until they could get their own production running. If someone can show me proof of Code 10's manufacture records of when they started building out of their own parts, then I may change my mind.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I have one new Bulgy plum 5.45 RPK, two mint Romy 7.62 's and one Yugo M72 that's receiver should be here any day on!! DCI has THOSE done. Now I'm just waiting on the Romy 47 and 74 RPK receivers. :cool: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I have two Rommie RPKs waiting. Would love a 74, but damn, that's a lot o' money.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Travis..........he already DID put those on sale once! :roll:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
:lol:

Yep, something like that!!

WHAT, you mean a hair under $1000 for a USED plum RPK doesn't sound CHEAP to you?????

His prices are why I bought my new RPK 74 kit from K-Var and will have to assemble and headspace it myself. I'd love one of those used plum kits from Todd............. :sad:

:wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yes, yes!! Todd.......are you listening???? C'mon buddy! :wink:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took some more pics of my 1988 kit. Showing the all matching parts too.

Ink stamp on bottom of lower hand guard

Not a difficult way of serializing the sight leaf for them I guess. Scribe the bottom of it and keep on going.

Gas tube

Dust cover

Recoil spring assembly

Safety lever

Carrier, Bolt and Ejector

Receiver

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Man you revived this thread! :mrgreen:

I was bitching about getting a better deal and I have since bought and built two of those kits!!!! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts