AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there able to correctly spot weld the scope rail onto my Tabuk DMR receiver?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have done it once and it turned out pretty well, I still have two of my own Tabuk DMR rifles to weld as well. What state do you live in? If you are close to me you can come by and I will do it for free. I doubt if you will find anyone else that has done it 3 times that lives in the U.S.

·
Registered
812 Posts
steelcore1964 said:
I have done it once and it turned out pretty well, I still have two of my own Tabuk DMR rifles to weld as well. What state do you live in? If you are close to me you can come by and I will do it for free. I doubt if you will find anyone else that has done it 3 times that lives in the U.S.
Hee Hee..I've done it three times. Once practice and two for real.

:grin:

Same offer here as steelcore, what state are you in??

·
Registered
286 Posts
I purchased a scope rail from Copes ( http://www.copesdistributing.net/produc ... be7caf8e0d ) & practiced on it with pcs. of a Yugo receiver. After I got the technique down, I then spot welded the Tabuk rail copy to the NDS receiver. I had never used a spot welder before & it came out nice. If you buy a spot welder at Harbor Freight (AK-Builder also sells tips if needed), with practice you can do it. I looked at the location of the weld spots on the rails in the Tabuk Sticky.

·
Banned
471 Posts
I did mine with a 120 v spotwelder from harbor freight ,just like original .It was easy . You will have to send it to an FFL since it is a receiver. Or find someone that is a builder near you .Or buy a set of spotwelder tongs from AKbuilder.com and a cheap120 volt spotwelder from harbor freight .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts