AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These incredible photos of a White Bengal Tiger named Odin.

Odin is six years old and 10 feet long from tail to nose. Odin lives at a Zoo in Vallejo, California, near San Francisco.

Odin with his British trainer Lee Munro.

Odin was hand-raised at the zoo. And after he was weaned, his British trainer Lee Munro discovered his remarkable skill.

When a lump of meat was thrown into a pool of water, Odin would happily dive in after it.

"He makes a funny face - and it's actually to close his nostrils to stop the water from going into his nose."

Not all big cats enjoy the water but for Tigers from the hot climate of South-East Asia it's one way to cool down.

"Plus they hunt in and around water. They're an ambush predator so they wait for prey to come down to the water."

"When you actually see him dive underwater he looks so graceful,"

"Odin loves the water and he loves food," he said. "Not all big cats will dive and swim underwater even for meat treats."

Munro said tigers were the most powerful swimmers out of all land-dwelling animals.

Tragically, within our lifetimes, zoos might be the only places left to see these magnificent animals.

A century ago there were about 100,000 tigers in the wild. Now there are just 2,500 adults, with the Bengal variety almost extinct. None has been seen in the wild since the last white tiger was shot and killed in 1958.

White tigers are the most rare. They get their whitecolor from an unusual and extremely rare genetic combination.

I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as I did

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Awesome pics. I love all cats but white tigers and panthers are my favorite.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Mammals do all sorts of things they were never intended to do once the move to San Francisco. Odd phenomenon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Robpiat said:
Mammals do all sorts of things they were never intended to do once the move to San Francisco. Odd phenomenon.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
il take a shark anyday over that

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Cool Pics!!!!
I Love cats big or small,very cool creatures with the white tigers being my favorite of the big cats.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I, too, love cats. That is one beautiful creature.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
That's one mean looking MoFo in the water. I too think I would take my chances with the shark!!! :shock:

Here's my "tiger"............

·
Registered
945 Posts
MrKrink ,
Is your buddy missing some bottom teeth? Looks like a happy little one !

·
Registered
446 Posts
wow beautiful animal! and great pics to.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Jerod said:
MrKrink ,
Is your buddy missing some bottom teeth? Looks like a happy little one !
No just the picture. Dazi is so human like it is scary!! She "talks" to me all the time. We wrestle and play all the time.
I caught her just as she was yawning, made her look like she was growling.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts

I would hate to be walking through the jungle an see a tiger looking at me like this.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
TheRealSundance said:

I would hate to be walking through the jungle an see a tiger looking at me like this.
i would not scream,. cry,. or shit my self,.... i would be kind enough to rub some seasoning on me,.. if i have to go out as kitty's dinner i might as well be a good one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Awesome photos..............Thanks...............Just a pity they will all be gone soon..... :sad:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
TheRealSundance said:

True, but if you were walking through the jungle under that much water you already had some cards stacked against you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts