AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the folding stocks on K-Var's website, and it looks like they are out of stock on the complete triangle stock assembly with the 4.5mm hinge pin. I do have one squirreled away for my M92 build. :D

The only complete stock assemblies K-Var has is these two, which I assume both have the newer 5.5mm hinge pin.

Buttstock assembly,...

Buttstock assembly,...

I was also looking at this thread: Adding a folding stock to my SGL 31-61... - AR15.Com Archive

I thought that when using the 5.5mm stock assemblies, the rear of the receiver angle is different, and the rear trunnion would stick out of the back of the receiver a little?

My question is can either of these be used on a converted Saiga? Specifically for me, on my Krebs AK-103K (which is a converted Saiga). Would there be any issues?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I forgot to mention that. I actually have two 4.5mm triangle folders put away. One for a M92 khyber build, and the other I'm just keeping for a future project.

The 5.5mm setup is supposed to be a little better with the stock angle if you are running optics. Since K-Var has both the triangle and polymer 5.5mm stock assemblies available, I was wondering if either of them would be a good option to use, or would there be any issues. Someone has to be using/have used the 5.5mm stock assembly.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Since you will be cutting in a new side folder latch you should be ok. Using a receiver with pre cut latch holes is where you would run into problems. As far as poly vs metal folders, that is a personal choice. I would say get both, they are super easy to switch out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts