AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get one or the other (not both for all you ex-arfcomer's) I have a poly side folder on the way that will go on it. I guess the main issue would be the mag situation. What do you guys think??

G

·
My self I plan on doing a .308 conversion. A shotgun would be cool though if that is what you decided to do. I live out west so we can shoot long distance no problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If mag are your deciding factor-the 308. You have more available and can convert to fit. The 12 on the other hand are difficult to find and expensive. Three eight round mags will cost you more than the gun. That being said- there's nothing like the reaction you get when you walk on the range with an S12 in hand. Even the AR stodgie (you know the guy) will grudgingly want to check it out.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I would get the S12. Really, come on now, imagine that with a bayo lug and the barrel cut to 16" but made legal by a perm. flash hider. That would look AWESOME, and add the folding stock... man, crazy. Get a 10 round mag and bump fire it at the range. :twisted:

OR, invest $200 and legally register it as an SBS... a S-12 with a 15.5" barrel and all... even crazier.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Let, these guys decide http://tromix.com/
Thats a hard call for me, Though......I dont know what I would do. Probably the 12 with a 12 inch barrell or so first.....then later the .308.
If you are wanting something for fun and just shooting stuff get the 12. If your looking for something that you are gonna shoot targets with and maybe hunt with go with the .308. For home defense use the 12. If its gonna be for bugging out get the .308......So many factors makes me want both of them, so little money makes me get neither.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts